Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Yes, stretch goals I only stunts. But who cares. if jolla truly wanted to give the community 3G the would simply extend it would happen...but yeah. Marketing stunts. Instead of an already given thing as stretch goal 2
Speaking of stretch goals for the Jolla 2 phone. I hope being able to use LTE in US is not one! That should come with the inital offering!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mscion For This Useful Post:
Posts: 307 | Thanked: 488 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ USA around Chicago
Originally Posted by mscion View Post
Speaking of stretch goals for the Jolla 2 phone. I hope being able to use LTE in US is not one! That should come with the inital offering!
LTE support for all regions including USA. That's all I really require. I will buy it first day!

Jolla 1 is pretty good for everything else.

For Jolla 2, to make it competitive, it will be nice to have more powerful CPU, more RAM, better AMOLED screen with 1080P, good brightness, good contrast, better camera, LPM, etc. People still cry about CPU & Memory. Why make it an issue?

Screen size at little bigger would be okay, but only by reducing the bezel size, not by increasing the phone size.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to abyzthomas For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mscion View Post
I would imagine that task is quite a bit easier than it was in Jolla 1 days when it comes to wider support.
More SoC's with modems supporting wider spectrum of LTE frequencies. Though I guess the US operator situation is still a major headache, if manufacturer like Samsung still needed to do 3 different LTE versions of S5 just for US.

Lets wait and see if we will actually get Jolla 2 first. They still needed crowdfunding, that isn't too reassuring to me. I would think they, and us hope that there would already be 3rd party making hardware.

The Following User Says Thank You to tissot For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by dirkvl View Post
last time spamming my link for referral race

promise to torture it, do experiments on it and make lots of funky stuff
I've been away from TMO for a while, but looking into what you've done, I was happy to use your referral link.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
To all combo supporters: What about your phone code for the jolla shop. Still nothing even after 24 hours of contribution. How to contact jolla support?

Thank you,
Chuck

And it's all over. $1,824,055 raised, looks like the buyers dried up overnight.

Now get manufacturing those tablets Jolla guys!

The Following User Says Thank You to MINKIN2 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Originally Posted by abyzthomas View Post
LTE support for all regions including USA. That's all I really require. I will buy it first day!

Jolla 1 is pretty good for everything else.

For Jolla 2, to make it competitive, it will be nice to have more powerful CPU, more RAM, better AMOLED screen with 1080P, good brightness, good contrast, better camera, LPM, etc. People still cry about CPU & Memory. Why make it an issue?

Screen size at little bigger would be okay, but only by reducing the bezel size, not by increasing the phone size.
Well... more is always better!

A news article (Google translation) mentions the 3G for the tablet might still be a possibility if Jolla finds a supporting partner.

Other stuff mentioned:
- 90% of product development is in software development and the main focus is in the tablet platform (licensable to other companies)
- Jolla received 10 million euros more funding during autumn (Round B)
- Looking already for Round C, hopefully several investors (rather than one large?)
- Jolla needs more employees than the current 128 people so Round D is looming ahead

I assume the tablet platform development will also benefit Sailfish development in general i.e. Jolla Phone.

The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to tmi For This Useful Post:
They must be haemorrhaging money, yet they still don't even allow paid apps on the Jolla store. Bizarre.

I genuinely hope they can find a hardware partner (and fast). Sailfish has momentum now, interest clearly exists - and not having to focus on hardware would mean they could spend more of their time (and budget) on h̶a̶r̶d̶w̶a̶r̶e software.

But if there isn't a new Sailfish OS device from a third party (be it phone or tablet) by this time next year, I genuinely fear for the platform.

EDIT: Thanks Watchmaker.

Last edited by From Vertu with Love; 2014-12-11 at 18:13.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to From Vertu with Love For This Useful Post:
Posts: 292 | Thanked: 294 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Milan, Italy
Originally Posted by From Vertu with Love View Post
[...]not having to focus on hardware would mean they could spend more of their time (and budget) on hardware.

10chars

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Watchmaker For This Useful Post:

Tags
indiegogo, jolla, jolla tablet