Posts: 1,055 | Thanked: 4,107 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Norway
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
BTW, @w00t, could you comment on how is it possible for someone to accidentally get a beta/partial of the next release from the store?
Accidentally... I don't really see how. Unless someone made a mistake on the infra side, but I'm not aware of any such happening.

The Following User Says Thank You to w00t For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by w00t View Post
Accidentally... I don't really see how. Unless someone made a mistake on the infra side, but I'm not aware of any such happening.
See here...
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...54#post1420554

Posts: 1,055 | Thanked: 4,107 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Norway
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
See here...
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...54#post1420554
I saw. But from what I know, I still don't see that happening accidentally. Unless you change your release through SSU, you're tied to a given release until the store switches you over to the new one.

We don't have rolling repositories, but seperate repositories per software release.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to w00t For This Useful Post:
Posts: 702 | Thanked: 2,059 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ UK
Originally Posted by w00t View Post
If we took a bit longer and waited for every feature that everyone held that opinion on ... well ... you'd be waiting even longer than it took Nokia to deliver a software update
I know and adding reliable cloud syncing can't be easy. Just venting a bit. It's frustrating that my N9 still does so much more than my Jolla.

But you get my point. Only so much patience.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Next months update won't be software but rather new hardware according to my undercover source at jolla.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Posts: 496 | Thanked: 651 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Next months update won't be software but rather new hardware according to my undercover source at jolla.
If only your track record lent any credence to this ...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to strongm For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by strongm View Post
If only your track record lent any credence to this ...
I concur...
I just relalized the whole world as we know it is built around speculations. Why not this thread?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The partnerships with Rovio, F-Secure and Tieto were announced prior to MWC, and are not what I am referring to.

Since MWC, on 20 March it was reported that Antti Saarnio, Jolla's Chairman of the Board, has stated that Jolla would be announcing new partnerships "in the next couple of weeks" (http://www.kauppalehti.fi/etusivu/jo...a/201403661142)
They were asked what happened to this & this is all we got...
https://twitter.com/JollaHQ/status/454324527074652160

The Following User Says Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Posts: 496 | Thanked: 651 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
They were asked what happened to this & this is all we got...
https://twitter.com/JollaHQ/status/454324527074652160
I was just about to post a link to the press release that that twitter thread refers to. Have to say I agree that it is less then underwhelming and perhaps worrying, and not what the announcement of an announcement implied was on the way.

Whilst it is good news that Jollla is increasing the number of local sales partners, I'm afraid that I'm not sure I believe they can live on a Finland-only retail environment.

Last edited by strongm; 2014-04-11 at 07:12.

I was just about to post a link to the press release that that twitter thread refers to. Have to say I agree that it is less then underwhelming and perhaps worrying, and not what the announcement of an announcement implied was on the way.

Whilst it is good news that Jollla is increasing the number of local sales partners, I'm afraid that I'm not sure I believe they can live on a Finland-only retail environment.
I couldn't read that article referenced in that twitter thread I linked to, because it breaks in google translate, I assume you speak Finnish.
Getting rather tired of their regular hints that something substantive will be announced, only to find later that it's some "piddly" thing (or nothing at all).

Last edited by jalyst; 2014-04-11 at 08:23.

Tags
"soon", "sooner", "when?"