Posts: 569 | Thanked: 462 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by Estel View Post

Almost everyday, on IRC, or via TMO threads, someone ask for help with problems, that would be easily solved (in few seconds to few minutes, most of the times) using backupmenu. Yet, many people don't have it installed - some by ignorance, but I feel that majority of them just aren't so "fluent" in TMO readings, and have NFC about backupmenu
I do not have backupmenu installed, because on installation you get a screen with something like:
WARNING
INSTALLATION OF THIS PROGRAM CAN DESTROY YOUR PHONE AND IT WILL NEVER WORK AGAIN
CONTINUE? Y/ N

So any program that is acknowledged by its writer as being so volatile as to possibly cause the ruin of my phone is really not for me.

Originally Posted by Minhaz View Post
isn't there google translate?
We need correct translation, not **** by google translate.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
Posts: 424 | Thanked: 196 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sweden
"Continuous view" translated to swedish right of is "kontinuerlig vy"

But I suggest "Automatiskt sidbyte" instead, sound better in swedish.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to toxaris For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
@all - finally osso-pdf-reader localization will be included in the next CSSU-testing update, but we need some help with the translation of:

"Continuous view"

Please translate it to the language you are using or you are good in and make a post here. Try to keep the translation short and meaningful

Thanks.
de_DE: "Kontinuierliche Ansicht" (strict translation) / "Fortlaufende Anzeige" (better)

(I think you did not actually mean the functionality of "Automatischer Bildlauf" / continous scrolling:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/480922
http://help.adobe.com/de_DE/Acrobat/...ff-7d1b.w.html

Last edited by don_falcone; 2012-03-29 at 11:10.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to don_falcone For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,236 | Thanked: 1,278 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Balochistan
Originally Posted by abhirajsoni View Post
i am having a strange problem. when i boot my phone it only shows a black screen and remains the same. then i have to switch it off n then restart again. that time it starts normally, but there is an error- your custom kernel was not loaded. and the date and time also change to 1 nov. 2000.
what to do.?
dont know about date and time thing but reboot problem is related to Speed Patch. I occasionally get this problem when i boot from nitdroid to maemo. remove speed patch to check it.

Code:
apt-get remove speedpatch

The Following User Says Thank You to panjgoori For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by rotoflex View Post
I do not have backupmenu installed, because on installation you get a screen with something like:
WARNING
INSTALLATION OF THIS PROGRAM CAN DESTROY YOUR PHONE AND IT WILL NEVER WORK AGAIN
CONTINUE? Y/ N

So any program that is acknowledged by its writer as being so volatile as to possibly cause the ruin of my phone is really not for me.
Don't worry, You already have installed program, that can ruin your device, and "it will never work again". It's called x-term Damn bastards, they even have put it there pre-installed!

Seriously though, don't worry, backupmenu isn't a dangerous beast - at least, not more than installing CSSU-Testing or any other community program, that comes with warranty "doing at Your own risk".

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by don_falcone View Post
de_DE: "Kontinuierliche Ansicht" (strict translation) / "Fortlaufende Anzeige" (better)
If it's clearly used in the "view" context (German: Anzeige, Ansicht) you could also use "Fortlaufend". It's shorter. If it's not clear that it's related to "view" I'd also favor "Fortlaufende Anzeige".

DerYo-->

The Following User Says Thank You to deryo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 176 | Thanked: 68 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ Mars
going to install this testing cssu tonight got the installer on ready to go just need to get some juice into it hope all goes well any thing else i should install after this as a esencial?

hi guys i have a problem after installing cssu testing update many apps doesn't work in portrait mode like Nokia player,file manager,and also many other but the desktop work fine in portrait so what is the problem?
can any one help me please guys ?

Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
Originally Posted by rotoflex View Post
Then why are you here? CSSU has the same text in it's description package, CSSU testing especially so. As does anything from Extra-Devel, as the install package (and the wiki) for the repo have the exact same text. (It was copied verbatim from Extras-Devel.)

Reality is that BackupMenu (especially the current version in testing) has been around and stable for quite some time. I've had it on my device for months if not a year by now, and it's saved my but at least once. All it does is insert a small hook so that if you boot with the keyboard open it boots/mounts a rescue image with a few very basic tools. As others have noted, you can do more damage with Xterm by accident then you can with this package.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to woody14619 For This Useful Post:

Tags
cssu testing