Poll: Are you moving to OS2008 now or waiting for the official release?
Poll Options
Are you moving to OS2008 now or waiting for the official release?

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by la.lidstrom View Post
And I noticed the the NOKIA envirometal concern advicing you to unplug the charger when battery is fully loaded. ;-)
I've opened a bug in protest to Nokia's insufferable green trendy ********. I want my electronics to do electronicy things, not be preachy.

Last edited by GeneralAntilles; 2007-11-18 at 20:22.

Posts: 1,878 | Thanked: 646 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ San Jose, CA
Any one know if the proxy options now include SOCKS 4 or 5 support?

Posts: 26 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Canada
Originally Posted by ssam View Post
i'll wait until i know that xournal works. (or i figure out how to build it in the sdk)
ssam, I've looked into this a bit. It would appear that OS2008 is not supporting gnome libs! (not sure I've got that right, I'm a noob at developing for the N8xx). I think this is why SO MANY apps DON'T WORK on OS2008 - I reverted to 2007. If I understand it right (reading conversion docs) they are trying to standardize on more generic libs so any calls to gnome libs need to be converted. Xournal uses libgnomecanvas and libgnomeprintui and the Chinook dev environment complains if you try to compile it. I DO LOVE the browser compatibility with Google apps in 2008 though!

I love the xournal app but also need more apps running before I'll commit to OS2008

Karl

The Following User Says Thank You to kgingeri For This Useful Post:
Posts: 182 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Silly-Con Valley
I put it on... it works great. However I couldn't get xterm on it. Since I use the IT has a mobile work station for emergency access to Linux Servers I really need xterm... switched back. I'm content to wait.

On the upside. fast........ man is it fast. fonts are too big IMHO but I still love the speed.

Posts: 182 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Silly-Con Valley
Originally Posted by baryon View Post
Delete the .ssh/known_hosts file in your home directory and you will be able to login.
Actually you don't need to delete the entire file. Yes the RSA key changes, you are after all re-generating it when you installed a fresh new OS. The only thing you need to remove from known_hosts file is the one line that points at your IT.

when you see something like

Offending key in /home/foo/.ssh/known_hosts:13

remove line 13 and try again, type yes at the prompt and you are once again off and running.

Posts: 574 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ BC, Canada
Originally Posted by linuxrebel View Post
I put it on... it works great. However I couldn't get xterm on it.
It comes with X Terminal (bottom of the Utilities menu). Nothing to install.