Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 122 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ France
i can synchronize if i uncheck the synchro in wlan option

Now i am able to synchronize

Id like to ask if it is possible to have the DCIM/ folder synchronized. Id like to have synchronized all the videos and photos that i have. If i move them to the DropN900 folder the only problem is that in the media player i dont have them available.

I tried to rename the paths in .config/user-dirs.dirs as said here:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=36348

so i can define the DropN900/ folder as the default folder but after reboot i dont have the folder DropN900 visible in the file manager and the media player does nt have the videos in the video menu.

I tried to do a symlink but it i have the message operation denied

any idea ?

Originally Posted by dglent View Post
Id like to ask if it is possible to have the DCIM/ folder synchronized. Id like to have synchronized all the videos and photos that i have. If i move them to the DropN900 folder the only problem is that in the media player i dont have them available.
Create your Dropbox in /home/user (not /home/user/MyDocs !)
using the DropN900 interface.
Change /home/user/MyDocs/Dropbox to /home/user/Dropbox
Then synchronize
Now you can create a link with DCIM and synchronize your pictures :
on xterm (as user) :
cd /home/user/Dropbox/Photos
ln -s ../../MyDocs/DCIM/

Now you can synchronize DCIM ...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to guyr For This Useful Post:
excellent !
thanks

Posts: 113 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Venezuela
Hi, can anyone help me?.... the application gives me "password invalid" but i can log on any other computer using the same username and password. It worked perfectly for like a day, but then i turned off my phone and it never worked again, i really need this app since my usb port broke and dropbox is the easiest way to transfer files between my phone and my pc.... is there anyway to completely delete the app so i can reinstall it and see if it fixes itself? or what do i need to do so i can log in? it's not autocapitalizing since i copied the password off somewhere else :S

Posts: 247 | Thanked: 37 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Los Angeles
Is there any hope that DropN900 will make it to Extras??

Posts: 37 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Polska
Originally Posted by rikisky View Post
Hi, can anyone help me?.... the application gives me "password invalid" but i can log on any other computer using the same username and password. It worked perfectly for like a day, but then i turned off my phone and it never worked again, i really need this app since my usb port broke and dropbox is the easiest way to transfer files between my phone and my pc.... is there anyway to completely delete the app so i can reinstall it and see if it fixes itself? or what do i need to do so i can log in? it's not autocapitalizing since i copied the password off somewhere else :S
hello

I have the same thing that you have the cssu?

Okay, it seems that this thread is dead so if no one answers I'm creating a new one.

Just as the above users I'm having a problem trying to authenticate with no success, can anyone comment on this issue and tell us how to resolve it?

Thanks to anyone who answers.

Posts: 37 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Polska
I do not know what happened is ok. Logs in to my dropbox

Sorry to say that, it is a complete mess for me.
I created a dropbox on pc, seems works fine.
I enabled extras-devel, installed on n900, disabled extras-devel.
After one hour, I have very little idea how this is intended to actually work.

It always creates also MyDocs/DropN900.
<don't show dialog> - no idea what this should mean
Synchronizing - sync path is never visible and apparently, only one directory is allowed to be synchronized..
<Only sync on WLAN> inhibits sync at all.

POSITIVE PART:
I found, that you cannot link a directory directly
/home/user, but you can do e.g.
mkdir /home/user/Docs
cd /home/user/Docs
ln -sn ../MyDocs/.documents documents

and this way it is possible (if you create a folder Docs inside dropn900 program) to synchronize a folder <Docs/documents>. But basicaly, you use a /home partition for the rest of dropbox, where the space is precious. On the other hand, since I selected </Docs/> in the puzzling <synchronizing> settings, any other dropbox directory does not react on <sync now>.

The program is discontinued, and it really needs a hand to get it into a reasonable shape. Pity that there is no spare python coder here.

Last edited by jaromrax; 2011-08-22 at 16:07.