Active Topics

Posts: 284 | Thanked: 74 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by leetut View Post
my data usage for this month is almost 2gb
vodafone wont cancel my contract
each phone call results in a different reason why they wont cancel
ive stopped my direct debits
(watch this space!)
Still watching, when was your DD date? Its after then that you should hear something off them.

Thinking about doing the same....

Done the same , cacelled my DD - they have communicated they will send a final bill due 1st Nov - in all correspondence i have included the email they sent stating i could cancel ( i had other comms that said i could not ).

i have also spoke with them as they sent me a PAC Code again 4 days after i transferred to giffgaff... i get the impresssion that ALL csr staff have not been given clear guidance on this.

will update with my final bill....

Ok,

got my final bill in the post yesterday and a goodbye letter from Vodafone... crying with laughter at the final bill of £1.78....

cancellation does work in some cases , and clearly it can depend on who looks into your case....

happy chap.

Posts: 147 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ England
i got mine all cancelled a couple of weeks ago. wooop.

i transfered my number to tesco mobile 30day rolling contract. they use o2's network. 10quid a month for 500mins any network anytime, unlimited texts and unlimited net. its 500mb fup but no charges specified. plus its only 30day so i couldnt give a toss anyway. had 14 months left on a 45quid a month contract and i got out of it fine. i didnt get a final bill. in fact vodafone owed me money. so far its been 22days and 4 phone calls and i aint got the money.... i will win vf. i will.....

funny or what, took my n900 in to carphone warehouse today for my usb repair, only to over here a member off staff saying to a customer that the 30 pound contract he was about to take out has UNLIMITED internet usage, LMAO

has any one else had luck cancelling there contract, i get the same response as lew247 posted above from vodafone, they keep stating that they check the internet usage from the month before the changes where intraduced, i cant see this being fair as i was using only light internet usage that month, but previouse months i was running between 1 to 2 gig usage, im well pssd off about it

Posts: 89 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ London
hmm strange

my bill today was from 27th sept to now, and no charges

made 1.779GB of mobile browsing + data calls

i did get messages every 500mb about an extra £5 would be taken with every 500mb i use, but i was charged 0

Posts: 25 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Belfast
i sent off my bitterwallet template that i changed a week back

got a text yesterday with my PAC code from vodafone

still waiting for a letter

also had to confirm my address with voda 2 weeks before, i got restricted because they sent a letter to my dads address which i was registered to. to confirm my account but i didnt reply

i asked and they had recieved nothing
voda didnt even phone me they just blocked me off
and when i asked for my data usage instore the staff denied it had anything to do with them, yet this was a vodafone center wtf

Originally Posted by slim1347 View Post
has any one else had luck cancelling there contract, i get the same response as lew247 posted above from vodafone, they keep stating that they check the internet usage from the month before the changes where intraduced, i cant see this being fair as i was using only light internet usage that month, but previouse months i was running between 1 to 2 gig usage, im well pssd off about it

Finally a resolve
Had Vodafone call the day after the latest bill was produced (a few days ago) and said they wanted to resolve the issues,
they started trying to talk me into staying but I told them there's nothing they can do to keep me
Cancelled immediately, the sim died within an hour, got a letter this morning confirming cancellation and confirming I owe them nothing

RESULT

The phone is now recycled, got £158 for it, not good but not bad considering it was free and nobody wanted it.

I'm now on GiffGaff they use O2's network and their internet IS TOTALLY Unlimited (providing you top uo with at least £10 a month) and for that you also get unlimited texts as well and 150 minutes -higher minute packages available)

If anyone wants a GiffGaff sim email me your name and email address and I can get one sent to you that has a £5 credit on it
(its a promotion they do for people on the network, recommend a friend and you both get £5)

My email is l e w 2 4 7 @ t e s c o . n e t
remove the spaces

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 1,408 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ London
My guess would be carphone warehouse only deal with their customers. I would call Nokia care, they have stores around the UK that are official nokia care centres. they take in your phone and send it off for repair (if its within warranty).

The Following User Says Thank You to afaq For This Useful Post:

Tags
vodafone con