Notices

ok cheers

also any chance we can have a custom open with dialog.
i would like to use pygtk editor to open my py files

I see that PR1.2 still only uses 0.6 release of tracker

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
If everyone fixes their .desktop files, the world will be a better place. Until then you can file a bug to the PyGTKEditor developer to handle mime types like text/plain. Or alternatively you can edit /usr/share/applications/hildon/pytgkeditor.desktop and add a line with:

Code:
MimeType=text/plain
then run as root:

Code:
update-desktop-database /usr/share/applications/
and try again to open it.

While on the subject - Flandry, can you please remove mime type text/plain from your games? Thanks in advance.

Originally Posted by Bundyo View Post
If everyone fixes their .desktop files, the world will be a better place. Until then you can file a bug to the PyGTKEditor developer to handle mime types like text/plain. Or alternatively you can edit /usr/share/applications/hildon/pytgkeditor.desktop and add a line with:

Code:
MimeType=text/plain
then run as root:

Code:
update-desktop-database /usr/share/applications/
and try again to open it.

While on the subject - Flandry, can you please remove mime type text/plain from your games? Thanks in advance.

sorry, maybe I described it wrong. py files open with the plan text editor at the moment, and works fine. It would be nice to select my own tool to open whatever the mime type is.

The Following User Says Thank You to mikec For This Useful Post:
I'll think about it. Another Open With... in the menu... What about an option to disregard the mime type?

Hi,
I wish to have a look at this application. Is this available for download?

Thanks.

Its in Extras.

Hello Bundyo,
I installed the .deb file on Maemo emulator. But when i try to run the application, error appears as "Unable to install 'Search tool'. Incompatible application package".

Can u help in this matter?

Thanks.

The package is armel only.

Well, the screenshots show most of it, there's also the category chooser and that's all.

Hi Bundyo. I would like to know where the files I am searching for are located on the disk. I don't know if its possible, but could you add something like "Details" that shows the location of the file that has been found? I know when you open the file it says "opening /home/user/MyDocs/..." but it disappears too quickly.

Thanks for the great app!

Well, there was such a panel in the desktop version but I removed it due to not much space. I'll see what I can do when the deadline at work passes.