Hi all,

Has anybody had any luck getting the Bluetooth PAN for Maemo add on to work in Diablo?:

https://garage.maemo.org/projects/maemo-pan

It worked fine before I installed Diablo, but now Bluetooth-PAN does not come up as a choice to connect to. It does still list it in connections however. It's late so perhaps I'm missing something simple...

Thanks,

Frank

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Nokia seem to have had a bit of play with icd.
It will only allow you to add types of connections that have a library to define them.
And it's closed source, so I don't know if anyone can make a DUMMY library for it. :/

Originally Posted by qwerty12 View Post
Nokia seem to have had a bit of play with icd.
It will only allow you to add types of connections that have a library to define them.
And it's closed source, so I don't know if anyone can make a DUMMY library for it. :/
Was this not the case before maemo-pan added the Bluetooth-PAN profile? Surely Nokia knows we will one way or another!

A shame to have a DUNny phone with Diablo, otherwise a slick OS indeed!

dcarter

I hope fanoush and pycage help us. :-(

Posts: 1,743 | Thanked: 1,231 times | Joined on Jul 2006 @ Twickenham, UK
Just give time to time... this will be fixed by the 'community' for the community.

I appreciate the responses and all the efforts made by those smarter than myself In the interim, I guess it's back it's time to go back to the previous release for me... I've used this functionality consistently since I found out about it. It breathed new life into my IT, and made it much more useful for me. I hope this gets fixed soon!

Frank

The Following User Says Thank You to fgullama For This Useful Post:
Hi

You are not alone. I am in exactly the same situation.

I've been waiting for Diablo for weeks now - Saw it yesterday. I immediately upgraded. Turns out bluetooth PAN is no longer working. I played around with numerous settings to some how have it working. Exact same thing - shows up in connections, but if you select connection, it's not there in the list.

Heartbroken, I've downgraded to the older OS. I hope and wish it starts working again. I have a palm treo 750 (windows mobile 6) that I pair it up with.

Thanks to the great peeps who wrote maemo-PAN - kick *** application!

Request Nokia to include PAN connectivity options in future releases. There are a lot of devices out there that don't support DUN.

Me as well. It gave my n810 much more usefulness when needed. I hope this gets working again.

David

Posts: 607 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Finland
For me it was the only way to connect my tablet to internet...

Bluetooth-PAN was one of the killer apps for making my Blackjack and N810 play nicely; here's to hoping it gets updated

The Following User Says Thank You to Amros For This Useful Post: