Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
After looking at the error log from Boxofsnoo, I see there is some error that needs to be fixed. I have pulled the tarball until I find the issue

These are the two commands used to pull your storage information. For the internal and external slots. It appears that this is not working for BoxOfSnoo

lshal -l --show /org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/platform_mmci_omap_1_mmc_host_0_mmc_card_rca4660_s torage

lshal -l --show /org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/platform_mmci_omap_1_mmc_host_mmc_card_rca1_storag e

Can you tell me what OS version you are running? This is only tested on 51-3

Can you configrm you are not running 51-3

Also Gemini?? 51-3 (guesssing no if you ran it 5 times)

The deb version does not use this command
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

Last edited by penguinbait; 2008-05-29 at 23:30.

Posts: 259 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Halifax, NS
I am running the latest 51-3 yes.

I just reflashed and restored, wish I didn't have to but I'm not too broken up over it. I still applaud your efforts and will watch for an update!

In the meantime I'm going to do a better backup. I'll start browsing the .deb thread to see if I can customize my partitioning a bit better.

One thing that bothered me was the fact that the OS leapt at the FAT partition and mounted it the second it came into existence. I wonder if that interfered with the partitioning.

Posts: 833 | Thanked: 124 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Based in the USA
gemniii - running 42-18.
I've been waiting to upgrade until I could get a good clone. (or Diablo)
I finally gave up on getting a good backup pushed from the tablet to anything, so I pulled it from the tablet to my Linux box w/ rsync. So I've got a good back up when I need to restore.
I was a little surprised it wiped the internal drive also. I only created the EXTERNAL.txt file.
PLEASE use the Wiki

Posts: 259 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Halifax, NS
OK I didn't need to read too far to realize that the .deb was sizing things the way I wanted anyway! I tried it and...

It works! Wow, this is very nice. Thanks again for driving yourself crazy (yes I read the script).

Originally Posted by BoxOfSnoo View Post
OK I didn't need to read too far to realize that the .deb was sizing things the way I wanted anyway! I tried it and...

It works! Wow, this is very nice. Thanks again for driving yourself crazy (yes I read the script).
Sorry its a sloppy mess, but do you see why I am crazy .. shhhh
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

I updated the tarball and instructions, now the same script for either system, it was an easy fix I should have see in the first place.

Its working good now, no matter the firmware version

Thanks for the err log BoxOfSnoo it was VERY helpfull

Since I managed to get a working clone on my 4GB card using the deb I am now looking at other options. And I expect there are others who wish to do similar.

I want to install screen rotate.
I want to flash to the latest kernel.
I want to clone to another 4GB card, but this time partition with 2GB FAT, 2GB Linux/os.

What would you recommend be the order I do these in?

Remember I'm trying to take this very carefully because I am still not getting a reliable USB connection.

tia
PLEASE use the Wiki

Originally Posted by gemniii42 View Post
Since I managed to get a working clone on my 4GB card using the deb I am now looking at other options. And I expect there are others who wish to do similar.

I want to install screen rotate.
I want to flash to the latest kernel.
I want to clone to another 4GB card, but this time partition with 2GB FAT, 2GB Linux/os.

What would you recommend be the order I do these in?

Remember I'm trying to take this very carefully because I am still not getting a reliable USB connection.

tia
The partition can be done anytime

folow the instructions in the rotation thread, you'll be fine

Well, after many tries it seemed to work.
I found that if I turned off wireless, removed the card after it reboots, boot again, and keep it off the mains I was able to set it up.
I've now got a 2Gb Linux partition and a 2Gb FAT partition.

Looking forward to getting a 16Gb SDHC.
PLEASE use the Wiki

The Following User Says Thank You to gemniii42 For This Useful Post:
Any other users? complaints, whining??? feature requests