Originally Posted by black-is-4-eternity View Post
Autoscan will show you the computer name,

on my blog theres a link
@black
Thanks!
That works really well on my N810 - already proved to be useful this evening.

I find it to be much easier to use than nmap - but will keep nmap for the quick command line (uninstalled zenmap) check.

Questions:

1)In the lower right corner it tells me that there is an update available but I can't seem to find where that may reside.
Any ideas?

2) Is this by the way kept in a repo somewhere or just available from their homepage?

3) On the NIT screenshots on your blog you have an icon at top named 'View' which I don't have. It also seems like you can view the devices in a tree-form which I can't..
I got version 1.40.

4) Is there any app that can show me what is happening on a certain port. In particular, can I see what website is being active on 80 for instance?

(I tried using netcat but am never able to get any information to show. Maybe my parameters are wrong)

Update: Maybe I can use telnet for this. Will try tomorrow.

Thanks again, this is by far the best, simple to use network/intrusion detection tool I've seen on the N810.

Btw, you should post more on your blog (linked to in your post) there is some very good info there.

Last edited by Tintin; 2009-12-05 at 09:12.

Originally Posted by Tintin View Post
@black
Thanks!
That works really well on my N810 - already proved to be useful this evening.

I find it to be much easier to use than nmap - but will keep nmap for the quick command line (uninstalled zenmap) check.

Questions:

1)In the lower right corner it tells me that there is an update available but I can't seem to find where that may reside.
Any ideas?

2) Is this by the way kept in a repo somewhere or just available from their homepage?

3) On the NIT screenshots on your blog you have an icon at top named 'View' which I don't have. It also seems like you can view the devices in a tree-form which I can't..
I got version 1.40.

4) Is there any app that can show me what is happening on a certain port. In particular, can I see what website is being active on 80 for instance?

(I tried using netcat but am never able to get any information to show. Maybe my parameters are wrong)

Update: Maybe I can use telnet for this. Will try tomorrow.

Thanks again, this is by far the best, simple to use network/intrusion detection tool I've seen on the N810.

Btw, you should post more on your blog (linked to in your post) there is some very good info there.
iv been very lazy, and my n810 has a broken power port so i haven't had alot of time to play with it.

1) if you have the latest one then theirs no new update . as long as you got it off the autoscan web site.

2) it may be but i'm not sure. i usual mirror the files in case they ever disappear.

3) i'm not positive what version you have if u don't have the view option. but all the verison's iv used all had them computer or ITT

4) like seeing if the port is open or getting like a html banner?
like some thing like these

since my n810 hasnt been working properly i havnt been able to do a whole lot with it.

heres an old video of my n810 and its apps

nice blog black-is-4-eternity.... bookmark!