Notices

its a common problem with tracker. i have one photo 4 times in gallery. someone once suggested using touch to get it to rescan file but i had no joy. above suggested command works but can't remember if it removes album art, an issue as mussorgsky not working afaik

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post:
Gidzz
Feature request- add an option for playing speed (slowest, slow, normal, fast, fastest )
I myself like slow speed for some songs and fast for pop songs
hope it won't be a difficult task..
Thanks

The Following User Says Thank You to Sourav.dubey For This Useful Post:
Posts: 466 | Thanked: 335 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by murik View Post
try tracker-processes -r in terminal without root priveleges
that didn't work - the database was rebuilt the exact same way.

The Following User Says Thank You to bennypr0fane For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Android_808 View Post
its a common problem with tracker. i have one photo 4 times in gallery. someone once suggested using touch to get it to rescan file but i had no joy. above suggested command works but can't remember if it removes album art, an issue as mussorgsky not working afaik
Could you rephrase that, I don't understand.
Does it mean "Mussorgsky cannot fix this problem either", or "this is a problem since Mussorgsky stopped working (?)" or....?

And: how can we fix the tracker issue?

The Following User Says Thank You to bennypr0fane For This Useful Post:
Neither issue is really a problem with Openmediaplayer.

tracker-process multiple entries problem is common. the recommendation I had seen was to use "touch filename.extension" to change modification time, causing tracker to reindex the file. tracker-process -r should work. only other recommendation i have seen is to remove the tracker folder as a kind of last resort.

Mussorgsky is seperate issue. Removing databases causes album art assigned by it to be lost and need reassigning. As mussorksky isn't working (updated bing api broke functionality) you can't reassign them.

Originally Posted by Android_808 View Post
Neither issue is really a problem with Openmediaplayer.
Man, I just love when I post about an issue and I'm told "your problem is not a problem". I'm about to start a little rant about this and barely holding back.

the recommendation I had seen was to use "touch filename.extension" to change modification time, causing tracker to reindex the file.
and you also said it didn't solve the not-a-problem for you, right?

tracker-process -r should work.
it did not, as stated above.

only other recommendation i have seen is to remove the tracker folder as a kind of last resort.
which folder exactly?
Mussorgsky is seperate issue. Removing databases causes album art assigned by it to be lost and need reassigning. As mussorksky isn't working (updated bing api broke functionality) you can't reassign them.
thanks f clarifying.
i wasn't even thinking about the cover art, since it's always been a total mess. approx. 1/2 of the cover art for my music is stored in the right place in the filesystem, only about 1/4 of the collection has the correct covers displayed in MP. 1/4 all have the same two or three, wrong album covers.

wouldn't this really be a case for fixing in tracker? just asking.

Originally Posted by bennypr0fane View Post
Man, I just love when I post about an issue and I'm told "your problem is not a problem". I'm about to start a little rant about this and barely holding back.
I'm not telling you it is not a problem, I'm telling you the problem is not with omp. Forget the mussorgsky stuff, it's just a little extra information about the consequences for those who care about it.

AFAIK, stock and omp both rely on tracker to keep an index of the media files on the phone. When you get the little banner about indexing the files, it is tracker that is doing the scanning. The command given is suggested all over the board and so that is why it was suggested. First result for "n900 tracker duplicate" in google: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=76086

Have you moved files from a previous location:
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p=568768&postcount=4

The directories tracker makes use of are listed in the output of tracker-process -r. It also uses ~/.config/tracker to store settings in a file called tracker.cfg.

edit: and yes, touch did cure my problem picture in gallery.

Last edited by Android_808; 2013-09-28 at 18:46.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 445 | Thanked: 367 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Italy
especially after using OMP to play videos, i often found my battery is draining because of pulseaudio stuck on around 22% cpu usage all the time. i have to kill pulseaudio process to stop the intense cpu usage. anybody had this experience too? is it linked with omp or can be another pulseaudio issue?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gianko For This Useful Post:
Same problem here, but pulseaudio process using 50-70% cpu.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
@gidzzz: when you push new version of OMP to extras-devel? There are two (I think important) commits in git: bluetooth resume and fix for long startup .

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:

Tags
libplayback, mag 4 prez, media, open source, player, portrait mode, re-write, remake, reverse