found this at newegg. anyone tried a 16gig card in their n810 yet? Will this work?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820183193

bootdoc

This is a full size SD flash card. The N810 takes a mini SD card so this one will not fit in the memory slot.

I am working on a full size SD card adapter that will allow for a 32Gb SD card to be installed. I already tested it with the PNY 32GB SD card.

The Following User Says Thank You to craves1 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,152 | Thanked: 1,490 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by craves1 View Post
I am working on a full size SD card adapter that will allow for a 32Gb SD card to be installed. I already tested it with the PNY 32GB SD card.
You mean full size SD card in N810? Where you will put it?

When checking the cover and slot door there might be crack for wires and maybe card internals would fit under cover if disassembled? So maybe with mini to micro adapter with thin wires connected and soldered to card internals and bent under the cover it might work.

Or you mean you can fit PNY 32GB SD card internals directly into miniSD body?

If you really need to PM me with troubleshooting question please consider posting it to the forum instead. It is OK to PM me a link to such post then. Thank you.

A full size SD card won't work because you need to close the protective cover in the MiniSD card slot in order for the unit to acquire it. As for a 32gb SD card, I didn't even know those existed yet. It'd rock if they had those in MicroSD. (I use a mini-to-micro adapter in my N810)

The only other question would be if the N810 can handle that big a card. Because if memory serves me right, they're only capable of handling up to 8gb right now.

Hello fanoush you know me better than that.

I am making everything needed to extend the memory to 32GB. As some of you know I already make a memory chip for the Nokia 770 that extends the memory to 8GB and it fits in the current slot of the 770.
I am a self taught engineer and this is what I do to keep my mind working on new designs and products for my company but this problem was easy to solve. The N810 will work with any card that is SDHC compliant and I have already tested it with the PNY 32GB card on my current unit. I will start a Thread soon about it to see if I should make it available as a product.
It will not void the warranty of the Tablet. And it is easy to install.

I am considering adding additional features to it but I have not decided what to add yet.

Also since this is a slow year for my company I have to use my own money to complete this project.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to craves1 For This Useful Post:
"Honey, I shrunk the SDHC card!"

I would love me one of those!!!!!
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

Very interesting this with getting a full-size card to work in an N810.. I'll keep that in mind in case Nokia fails to come out with a new product with proper full-size SD.

(Now to ponder how to manage in case Nokia also fails to come out with a product with two slots..)

Posts: 74 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Florida
+1.. I'm in.. I love these "homebrew" projects.

Originally Posted by craves1 View Post
Hello fanoush you know me better than that.

I am making everything needed to extend the memory to 32GB. As some of you know I already make a memory chip for the Nokia 770 that extends the memory to 8GB and it fits in the current slot of the 770.
I am a self taught engineer and this is what I do to keep my mind working on new designs and products for my company but this problem was easy to solve. The N810 will work with any card that is SDHC compliant and I have already tested it with the PNY 32GB card on my current unit. I will start a Thread soon about it to see if I should make it available as a product.
It will not void the warranty of the Tablet. And it is easy to install.

I am considering adding additional features to it but I have not decided what to add yet.

Also since this is a slow year for my company I have to use my own money to complete this project.
Ok, my interest is piqued!