Ah, so that review has made it here. I saw a link to elsewhere a few days ago, utter rubbish and the author/s clearly have very few clues. I wouldn't read too much into their opinion, no matter how much you'd like the N900 to come out on top.

The Following User Says Thank You to NZtechfreak For This Useful Post:
What a load of misinformed rubbish.

The Following User Says Thank You to kamakazikev24 For This Useful Post:
Wow, what a load of crap.

Posts: 3,397 | Thanked: 1,212 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Netherlands
Pwns? Is it because SSH server ships with an enabled user account with a default password?

Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Droid, known as Milestone in Europe, does support multi-touch and pinch/zoom, et al in that region.
Technically I think the U.S. Droid and Android 2.0 in general supports multi-touch, it just doesn't have any multi-touch features implemented. But in theory third party apps could use it, I think (could be wrong).

Also, I think the Milestone only implements pinch-to-zoom. Are you sure it has other multi-touch features operational?

Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
Originally Posted by sadfist View Post
I read that article a few days ago...

... It seems like one of those generic articles to pull in ad clicks.

(
Now that's^ clever

I am not digging this at all.
reading first few comment i thought it was mandatory to add ps but later post mad eit clear.

Posts: 13 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by drm View Post
Nice review. N900 wins hands down…

Review of the Droid:

http://www.mobile-review.com/review/...stone-en.shtml

And this is the reviewers opinion:

"Those who are looking for a QWERTY-enabled device jam-packed with features and a likable, speedy interface, the Milestone is the way to go. In fact, there aren't many phone like that out there - maybe the Nokia N900, but it's considerably slower, less stable and doesn't offer comparable functionality out of the box. In my opinion, the choice is very clear and Nokia is not what's on my mind. "Milestone" is a very fitting name for this phone - it will make an impact on the market and won't go unnoticed. Those who are into expensive and well-crafted things, should definitely put the Motorola Milestone on their short lists".

So now does the Droid win with hands down.

I can not explain this , can you ?

Last edited by janzeeschuimers; 2009-11-11 at 09:55.

I like mobile-review, but I'm feeling a little skeptical about the review. For example, this is what he says about the keyboard:

While the DROID's keys have mediocre travel, but thankfully they are of ample size and pleasant to touch. Compared to the Nokia N97, it's miles ahead, being so much more comfortable. Placed on the right is the five-way navigation key, which is a breeze to use.
And:

On balance, the Milestone's thumbboard is more than adequate - I can hardly remember a single negative thing about it.
That's in total contrast to what most other reviews have said, which is that the keyboard is a real pain to use. And I tried the Droid out in a store and frankly found the keyboard to be so bad it was almost useless. The keys are so flat that it's almost impossible to hit one key, without also depressing another. Blackberries with much smaller keyboards are more usable (and I'm not a fan of the small Blackberry keyboards). I just don't know how Mobile-Review can have found nothing negative about the Droid keyboard. It's way out of whack with my own experience and what others have been saying. To each his own, of course, but it's a little hard to believe.