Hi to all guys of this forum,

This is my first post...
I have bought a n810 last month ... and I'm interested to know
if IVA and MBX (GPU) systems are not implemented in the linux kernel (maemo or debian) or the is an Nokia (Firmware/Hardware) Fix to disable this 2 periferials ?

In the second option is it possible enable this system rewriting (System Management Unit ) inside omap2420 ?

What's your esperiences in this field ?

Thank for all reaply...

Bye

IVA and PowerVR MBX are not enabled due to a lack of drivers.

For a little bit of IVA info search for posts by "Igor", for PowerVR there's a current thread running about it.

Posts: 1,635 | Thanked: 1,816 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Manchester, England
heh, googling for: Igor IVA omap2420
brought me here as first result

i love google :|

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Instead, you can use the search function on this site and choose to find posts by igor, search for iva and choose to display posts instead of threads

The Following User Says Thank You to qwerty12 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,152 | Thanked: 1,490 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Czech Republic
Also for some IVA details check http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...572#post173572

Sadly there is no support for it in linux. Communication is similar like with DSP but there is no dspgateway equivalent.

If you really need to PM me with troubleshooting question please consider posting it to the forum instead. It is OK to PM me a link to such post then. Thank you.

The Following User Says Thank You to fanoush For This Useful Post:
thanks guys for all replies ... this site is great
I have understood

I have search about IVA processor and I have founda module in the linux kernel to access in to IVA processor.

/arch/arm/mach-omap2/mailbox.c b/arch/arm/mach-omap2/mailbox.c

+
+/*
+ * MAILBOX 0: ARM -> DSP,
+ * MAILBOX 1: ARM <- DSP.
+ * MAILBOX 2: ARM -> IVA,
+ * MAILBOX 3: ARM <- IVA.
+ */
+

this means that it's possible use IVA Processor....
Another info that I have understand is : IVA is a sub processor with ARM7 bla bla bla bla

If it's not possible use it for Video processing for a display controller bandwidth bla bla bla bla... we can use OMAP like a dual processor (AMR11 and ARM7) to do parallel processing...

I'm a newbie about this topic and It's possible that I have said a nonsense sentence but I tried

Originally Posted by overflo View Post
I have search about IVA processor and I have founda module in the linux kernel to access in to IVA processor.

/arch/arm/mach-omap2/mailbox.c b/arch/arm/mach-omap2/mailbox.c

+
+/*
+ * MAILBOX 0: ARM -> DSP,
+ * MAILBOX 1: ARM <- DSP.
+ * MAILBOX 2: ARM -> IVA,
+ * MAILBOX 3: ARM <- IVA.
+ */
+

this means that it's possible use IVA Processor....
Another info that I have understand is : IVA is a sub processor with ARM7 bla bla bla bla

If it's not possible use it for Video processing for a display controller bandwidth bla bla bla bla... we can use OMAP like a dual processor (AMR11 and ARM7) to do parallel processing...

I'm a newbie about this topic and It's possible that I have said a nonsense sentence but I tried

Thanks for digging man, it is rather upsetting corporate and other matters come before the device itself.. btw i thought this was a framebuffer issue to use the powervr proc to actually render 3d graphics...

If you look at the top of that patch you'll see that no IVA driver is included with the patch...

sorry for me reply but I think you have read an old version for omap1

now read this code

http://198.182.196.72/kernel/v2.6/22...map2/mailbox.c

this code implement IVA code