Active Topics

Posts: 121 | Thanked: 63 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Durham, UK
Yes they only get one tick so they do know that the message hasn't arrived

Nice to know that, of course they are aware only in private chats of who does not receive the messages, am I right?

Noticed that in some groups I don't receive text from some contacts, but I receive the images they send: maybe pictures don't get encoded?
Also, contacts for who I don't receive text into some groups, are received in personal chats.

Hi,

I guess, our donations will not be a adequate payment for the developer! Thank you for keeping oure phones alive!!

I do not want to be rude! I really appreceate the work!! However, with the current version, I cant trust my incomming messages. I know, I already missed some messages and I can not be sure if there were more! This is something, I can not accept for the long run.

Is it possible to get the information: Will an update come for it? Is somebody working on that and do we have a chance this will be solved?

If it is the case, I would be patient and wait. But if not, it would be the time for me to look for alternatives. It would really hurt me to abandon my N9....

Regards
hafgan

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Right now, patience is the key....

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
On a positive note, it's encouraging to see so many recent TMO subscribers and users of N9.
Might be a bit early to consider this lovely device/OS dead as others have suggested on other threads...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lfc22 For This Useful Post:
Been using my N9 for 4 years now and the last year together with an iphone6. The reason why I cannot get rid of my n9 is that I love the OS. It is the only OS which is intuitive and make sense. So often the iphone is soooo annoying compared to the n9. But my n9 is getting old and slow. I would buy a new faster version in an instant. Have been looking at sailfish for a while now but still hoping for that killer phone with sailfish.

Anyway getting back OT. Thanks dev's for delivering yet another version of whatsup. So much better as the original, although it is sometimes hanging a bit, but still better then the iPhone version. Hopefully you will fix the latest bug soon, so I can use my N9 again for whatsup. Keep up the good work

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Eileijs For This Useful Post:
Posts: 121 | Thanked: 63 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Durham, UK
Originally Posted by Eileijs View Post
Been using my N9 for 4 years now and the last year together with an iphone6. The reason why I cannot get rid of my n9 is that I love the OS. It is the only OS which is intuitive and make sense. So often the iphone is soooo annoying compared to the n9. But my n9 is getting old and slow. I would buy a new faster version in an instant. Have been looking at sailfish for a while now but still hoping for that killer phone with sailfish.

Anyway getting back OT. Thanks dev's for delivering yet another version of whatsup. So much better as the original, although it is sometimes hanging a bit, but still better then the iPhone version. Hopefully you will fix the latest bug soon, so I can use my N9 again for whatsup. Keep up the good work

Couldn't agree more. I've kept this phone longer than any other. I'm temporarily using an old Android phone for WA now but will switch back as soon as I can.

Posts: 8 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Jan 2016 @ Netherlands
Using an Android pokédex? Doesn't the encryption issue cause problems when you try to switch back?

(not sure, actual question.
I'm thinking of buying a cheap phone just to bridge the gap until Whatsup works again, but I don't know if I will ruin my account with that.)

Last edited by Egocentrix1; 2016-01-30 at 14:37.

Originally Posted by Egocentrix1 View Post
Using an Android pokédex? Doesn't the encryption issue cause problems when you try to switch back?

(not sure, actual question.
I'm thinking of buying a cheap phone just to bridge the gap until Whatsup works again, but I don't know if I will ruin my account with that.)
Minimal "ruin", from my experience. Switching between WA and WU is relatively pain-free, you just need to re-register every time you switch platforms. The only downside is that you won't get any messages sent during the downtime.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Janitor X For This Useful Post:

Tags
cepi rocks, cepiperez, harmattan, whatsapp, whatsup