Notices

Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
Hi digitalvoid,

I'm not that familiar with python but here are some changes in your code that fix the connection issue for me.

Hope it's useful
Attached Files
File Type: zip smscon_daemon.zip (8.2 KB, 205 views)

Posts: 200 | Thanked: 300 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ The Netherlands
@ Saturn:

Thanks for the input.

@ knypek3:

I don't now how to do this. I think this only would work if the whole internal sms receiving routine has to be rewritten.

Posts: 62 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Poland
I try to test it. But.
When i switch on wifi everything working - i start camera and send email, i start ssh sonnection. But. I switch off wifi and try to get gps. Connection to internet don't start so agps don't work. I starting to collecting gps cord. and when it collect 4 it have an error. I try to smscon - restart but i can't some python errors :/

How to set a maximum gps coord? In previous version it set on 4 . But in this version i can't see this option...

When reboot phone and try to use camera option without connection, i can't Connection don't start auto. It ask me for choose wifi or gprs. The same problem with remoteon.

Bugs with Saturn ver.:
-when connection is on everything is all right. it isn't change it.
-when connection is off it isn't start auto - you must choose wifi or gprs
-gps coordinates must be set maximum 3-4 - now it collect and collect but don't send answer (or something wrong i do)
-still no link for googlemaps.

Last edited by knypek3; 2010-09-02 at 11:47.

New version coming soon (v0.3.0) with lots of changes (for the good I hope)

Please don't give a ver with bugs It's boring to test it still

New version available!

Read the first post for the new changes.

Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
Hi,

Great list of changes. I haven't tested it yet. Soon..

First thing it came to my mind when knypek3 said my changes didn't work for him is that he probably has the internet connection setting to "always ask".

Even if that is not true, I believe it is a good choice to set the connection to "Any connection" when the sms arrives to get most chances of a connection.

Here is a sample code to set the gconf key to any:
Code:
    # set Internet Connection setting to auto_connect
    os.system( 'run-standalone.sh gconftool-2 --set --type list --list-type string /system/osso/connectivity/network_type/auto_connect[*]' )
What do you think?

Hi,

in smscon_daemon line 481 there's a small typo:
" (CurrentType == 'GPRS' and NewType == 'LAN'): "

edit: I don't see how this line can be executed in this version so it can't break anything for the time being.

I have also understood (with the better error messages you've added in this version) why the GPRS fails for me. It tries to connect to the GPRS connection that belongs to my second sim!

Last edited by Saturn; 2010-09-02 at 22:11.

Originally Posted by Saturn View Post
Hi,

Great list of changes. I haven't tested it yet. Soon..

First thing it came to my mind when knypek3 said my changes didn't work for him is that he probably has the internet connection setting to "always ask".

Even if that is not true, I believe it is a good choice to set the connection to "Any connection" when the sms arrives to get most chances of a connection.

Here is a sample code to set the gconf key to any:
Code:
    # set Internet Connection setting to auto_connect
    os.system( 'run-standalone.sh gconftool-2 --set --type list --list-type string /system/osso/connectivity/network_type/auto_connect[*]' )
What do you think?
yes you're right, i have internet connection always ask set.
hmn. so this ver still don't work?? so i'm didn't install it jet.
hmn. i think this app should be working only with gprs. personally my wifi adapter is off when i don't use it. No searching is off but adapter.

Freakin Owesome Job Man.

Really appreciate your hard work .