Hi

I am having some trouble with recently bought Nokia N900! I think it might be due to the range of wifi but not sure! as i move away from my modem and enter in my room! my wifi disconnects, but it still shows that network is still there and when i try to connect, it show me network connection error. As i get closer to modem it connects again!!

anyone having same issue? If yes how can we solve this issue??

Thanks

Posts: 78 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Florence, Italy
Ok so this is a problem with wifi but we need nore info..... does connecting to your operator network work as normal or does that disconnect too.....??

no it never falls or drop! i also have a pc running on wifi! and it work fine! could it be interference due to my pc network adapter??

Also what have you got checked in the connection settings in 'Settings'?.......I would think that it is something there.

i didn't change any settings from their! I just added network using default settings

Please can you list exactly what settings you have checked there......so anyone can see exactly what your wifi is following ?

yup sure

enter the connection name >> chose the network>> enter the key i am using wpa-psk key for my wifi>> then in advance settings i changed power setting to off as according to this
forum
>>
finish.

Posts: 115 | Thanked: 43 times | Joined on May 2010 @ UK, London
I just had the same problem after a powercut. So basically what I did was reset the wireless router, delete the access point on the N900 and then restart the phone and add the access point again. This solved the problem for me.

It is also useful to check the wireless settings on the router, because my router is 'N' compatible and I had to change the settings to allow my other phone (Nokia E52) to connect online successfully

An easy way to add access point is by clicking the status bar in Maemo and select 'Internet Connection', then choose you access point and enter the security key. this way you don't have to write the name of the network, etc. from the 'settings' menu.

Last edited by kevinp93; 2010-06-03 at 11:06.

yup mine is also N type netgear dgn2000! how did you change the settings ?? like using b/g only?? or anyother way??

Posts: 115 | Thanked: 43 times | Joined on May 2010 @ UK, London
Originally Posted by homikaushal View Post
yup mine is also N type netgear dgn2000! how did you change the settings ?? like using b/g only?? or anyother way??
Try entering the 'IP' of the router in your browser. I don't own a netgear router, so I don't know if it the same as mine, but a Google search suggests it is 'http://192.168.0.1' or 'http://192.168.1.1' for Netgear Routers. You should then have access to settings which would allow you to configure your router (that't after entering password etc.).

This link is helpful showing you the procedure to get to the wirless settings for Netgear Routers. It could be the same for other models, but I'm not 100% sure because the link is from Netgear's website.

Last edited by kevinp93; 2010-06-03 at 11:16.