Just a FYI for those who have been waititng a few months for Proporta to ship the Alu-Leather Case, mine is finally shipping today.
Despite the long wait and back order, they have been more than willing to make it right. Sent me a free screen protector and were very apologetic.
Good company..
Rich O

Any pics or links?

Posts: 481 | Thanked: 190 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ Salem, OR
Originally Posted by vtroneg View Post
Any pics or links?
http://www.proporta.com/F02/PPF02P05...260&t_mode=des

I'm thinking of buying one too. I'm getting today the Case Logic Koskin Stongman PDA Case ($9.99 with google checkout from buy.com) and if I don't like it, I will get the proporta.

-ioan

I would make sure Proprota has them in stock.

Posts: 177 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Apr 2006 @ Wirral, UK
I also got an email from them that the case was shipped today but it comes with a screen cleaner (not protector)
About time as the magnetic windscreen suction mount was beginning to collect dust by now (arrived end of March)...

Last edited by 9a6or; 2007-05-10 at 19:10.

Mine shipped today too, inspite of my giving up and cancelling my order weeks ago.

mine shipped today also but they gave me the choice of free keychain or screen protector or screen cleaner; i sent two emails requesting screen protector, but they sent screen cleanner also. Waaaaaa i guesss waaiting almost 2 months doesnt qualify me for the good stufff..

The Following User Says Thank You to jandmdickerson For This Useful Post:
My Proporta case arrived this moring ... pretty pleased with it, despite the delay ... just what I was looking for! My package included a bottle of screen cleaner as an apology, plus an extra tea bag :-)

The case has been redesigned slightly and has simple prop stand in place of a belt clip. This doesn't bother me too much but may upset some people.

Last edited by piecafe; 2007-05-11 at 09:09.

Posts: 218 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ localhost
I think it adds too much bulk to the device. Ugly in my opinion. I'm not that careful with my N800, so I don't really care for a case. I'm not that pleased with my N800, maybe in a strange kind of way I want it to get bashed...
As it is, I'm not spending one more penny on the N800.
I already came this close to throwing the thing on the floor. I know, stupid, but sometimes I get tempted...

Posts: 177 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Apr 2006 @ Wirral, UK
It has arrived but I am not happy. The redesign was rushed, the kickstand is not usable really and the fit and quality are not wonderful either. I had a PielFrama case with my Zaurus so my standards are admittedly high. My main problem is that I bought this case together with the magnetic windscreen mount (which arrived 2 months ago) but the case does not have a sheet of steel sewn in it, ie. I would have to stick the adhesive metal pad onto the back of the leather case (off centre because the kickstand is in the middle)... quite a DIY solution for the money I paid. I have a funny feeling that they had problems with their supplier and they could only get this new design made, which I think is a step back. I'll write to Proporta to arrange returning the goods.

Last edited by 9a6or; 2007-05-11 at 19:36.