Notices

For the brave:

http://repository.maemo.org/extras-d...nigpsd.install

It includes all the config apps and minigpsd itself. It uses the rcX series of config data and shouldn't clear user settable things

If this works for others I can move it into extras

(I don't know about bluez-utils-test how that will work - I should have my new n810wimax to test an unaltered tablet later today, but I would like extra feedback).

(update: Unless you add the zdez or sdktools repository it won't find bluez-utils-test)

Last edited by tz1; 2008-11-05 at 18:23. Reason: All-in-one

Minor crash bug (need to kill hildon-desktop or reboot).

If bluetooth is disabled and you run the BT config screen, it locks.

AND it doesn't let you actually select the bluetooth devices.

Expect a RC2 soon.

Last edited by tz1; 2008-11-05 at 22:25. Reason: select BT

rc2 has been uploaded and is building and should appear in extras-devel shortly. I think it will update automatically. I don't think the install file will change.

Update update: It does update automatically, though there is a delay since the tablet only checks periodically.

Last edited by tz1; 2008-11-06 at 14:44.

Before I put it into to extras-devel:

http://www.zdez.org/minigpsd_0.30-rc3_armel.deb

It includes a TASKBAR control (yes, you can replace one of bookmarks/contacts/applications with it). (and a few other fixes/improvements including the bluetooth scan). But being a major refactoring, I need to test it more.

(Update - if the stand-alone app doens't work, redownload the deb. I now have scaled icons so you can see the status display magnified)

Last edited by tz1; 2008-11-06 at 23:41. Reason: oops

Posts: 3,397 | Thanked: 1,212 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Netherlands
I, for one, will try it again once its in Extras Devel.

EDIT I have it installed now !!! it worked after a reroot it installed fine ...

Originally Posted by tz1 View Post
Before I put it into to extras-devel:

http://www.zdez.org/minigpsd_0.30-rc3_armel.deb

It includes a TASKBAR control (yes, you can replace one of bookmarks/contacts/applications with it). (and a few other fixes/improvements including the bluetooth scan). But being a major refactoring, I need to test it more.

(Update - if the stand-alone app doens't work, redownload the deb. I now have scaled icons so you can see the status display magnified)
update did not work so I uninstall all minigpsd apps and now i am geting "unable to install" with just an ok no error . but under the log i am geting a ton of errors here is my log output for it http://www.computerfreek.com/LOG.txt

Thanks

Computerfreek

EDIT I have it installed now !!! it worked after a reroot it installed fine ...

Last edited by computerfreek; 2008-11-07 at 19:31.

(Its in Extras Devel.)

Here too. I had to reboot, and it worked then.

I also had to scan for BT OBD while I already have this set in my BlueTooth and Carman settings.

I have to thank you for making the configuration straightforward! This is really well done and much more easier than before.

But also, I recommend you allow the user to use the 'normal' GPS icons.

The OBD stuff won't work yet but I've got the OBD-2 documents and plan to do that as soon as my motorcycle is in winter storage.

I'm working on a better (simpler) icon set - more inline with the standard plugins. The location manager has the "normal" icons so I don't want to confuse that.

I also need to clean the configuration a bit more, and perhaps add help features or preventing contradictory settings (maybe force the device to /dev/rfcomm0 and 1 when BT is set).

The taskbar is still not quite right - the text should be white, but the python infrastructure doesn't pass through all the theming (or I don't know where to find it).

Uh-oh. So I should disable the OBD stuff? I already got OBD working, I use Carman for that. What should I do now? Can you disable this part of the code for the final 0.3 release? Just so people aren't confused.

You can leave OBD enabled, but it is "read only" for the moment. If you have the OBD device in a mode that sends bus traffic, it might work (will save info to the KML) but the decoding probably won't be right except for Harley Davidsons.

You can simply uncheck the enable box and it won't even listen.

The Following User Says Thank You to tz1 For This Useful Post:

Tags
gps, obd2