Notices

Posts: 85 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Near Paris, in the frog-eaters country
I installed OVI Nokia's Panorama application. Installation is OK, but when starting this app, I got an error message in a yellow banner at startup, then everytime I press the camera button :
"Memory not available in mass storage USB connection"

Of course, my USB cable is unplug, and I can access the /home/user/MyDocs directory with all its contents, including Panorama dir. I tried to reinstall the application (apt-get purge panorama ; rm -rf /home/user/.panorama ; rm -rf /home/user/MyDocs/Panorama) and the directories are created, so the application can access the /home/users/MyDocs directory. I also tried to plug an USB cable, and set to "Nokia PC Suite mode" in order to make the app understand that I don't use the USB mass storage mode, then unplug the cable, but still the same error message.

I can't make Panorama write pictures outside the /home/user/MyDocs tree, so I can't take any picture with. Of course, every other soft (media player for example) can access the tree.
I have BlessN900 and FCam installed, but I removed them, and I still have this issue.

Does anyone have any idea ?

Posts: 1,378 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Göteborg, Sweden
An idea but no real knowledge: do you have usb hostmode installed?

Posts: 85 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Near Paris, in the frog-eaters country
Nothing like this.
For information, on my "old" N900 I had this issue with PR1.2 and PR1.3, and now I've a brand new n900 (motherboard changed by Nokia) and I first tried to install and run it, but still the same problem.

Another prolly useless idea: is the MyDocs tree on a micro sd card? ....fishing.....

No it isnt. No microSD in my device. I fsck it from n900 and from windows, no change at all. I umounted MyDocs and start the app. Panorama dir is created, but same problem

Sorry about your issue - the pano app is rather nice and very clever aside ... Does that free "lite" pano proggie from Ovi work for you? Useless curiosity, that is all.... Best wishes

I'll test the other panorama application on OVI.
I'm quiet surprised that I'm the only one with this issue, may be a bug related to another application, but I don't have anything exotic

Posts: 820 | Thanked: 436 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Portsmouth, UK.
Are you using Kernel-power >v42?
Have you got fcam installed?

Run panorama from x-term and post any errors it may give you.

The Following User Says Thank You to James_Littler For This Useful Post:
Thanks for your answer. I had kernel power installed, but I removed it.
I have fcam installed, but still the same problem when it's removed.

Here is what I get when running panorama from xterm :

user@Nokia-N900:~$ panorama
Init: 0x426b3330
SavePreference changed to only cropped
>>>>> MED: 2048
SavePreference changed to only cropped
Committing user settings
rawPath = /home/user/MyDocs/Panorama/
resolutionIndex = 1
savePreference = cropped
autofocus = off
Done committing

I had the error message, and I pressed several times on camera button, but nothing appears on the stderr/stdout

Last edited by doctor madness; 2010-11-30 at 14:21.

Posts: 820 | Thanked: 436 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Portsmouth, UK.
I think it might be worth contacting the author of the app and maybe filing a bug report.

do your other camera apps work ok?

Tags
panorama