Hello,

I have no option for video calls on my N900 with PR 1.2 update.

I cannot initiate a video call to Skype or cellphone number nor I can enable video in the middle of a skype talk.

Any ideas how to fix it?

Posts: 738 | Thanked: 179 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Gold Coast, Australia
You will only see the option to video call if they have the latest skype installed and THEY have a webcame that is setup with skype.

Posts: 55 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Thailand
I didn't see any button to make a skype video calling too.
I've tried N900 to my notebook skype video calling but haven't found any way to do.

Also video calling from phone to phone(not on skype).
Waiting hopefully for any help too.

Do you have a N900 supplied by Vodafone as the version of firmware they had created for pr1.2 removes Skype from the device.

Originally Posted by andygee View Post
Do you have a N900 supplied by Vodafone as the version of firmware they had created for pr1.2 removes Skype from the device.
No. Mine is an unlocked version that I use in Israel.

Posts: 284 | Thanked: 498 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Poland
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the only client that works fine with the N900 is the latest Windows client. Which do you use?

Posts: 55 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Thailand
Originally Posted by Tomaszd View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the only client that works fine with the N900 is the latest Windows client. Which do you use?
Both Win7 and OSX

Hi igalst, sorry if I'm guilty of pointing out the bleedin' obvious:

Check that your phone IM status is set to Online (green dot in status bar) and you are logged into your Skype account (green dot next to Skype service entry).
Check that your recipient's status is Online and they have a webcam setup & activated for their Skype account.
Look at the listing for your recipient in Contacts to confirm their status is Online with a green dot next to their entry.
Choose the contact and scroll almost to the bottom of the contact options where you should find Skype video call option

I can only get it working on my N900 via WiFi. T-Mobile seem to be throttling my attempts at Skype video calls over 3.5G

@inkirby: note that 'client' above refers to the skype software installed on the recipient's end, not the O/S running at their end.

check that recipient is running skype 4.2.0.169 or above (Windows) as any older client doesn't support skype video for n900.

If you buy a niche, highly modifiable smartphone and proceed to mess it up by blindly screwing around, don't just blame the phone, also blame yourelf.

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
skype4.2 will work with N900 Skype video call. If the desktop got a camera or web cam then skype will alllwed you to do video call. N900 skype client also see the video enable then video call option appear.

When recieved a skype video call from friends, once you accept you might not see the video enable, tap on the status menu bar of phone app during the connection, you'll see enable video option there.

Video call also works with the latest fring client.

Hope this help!

maxxi