Notices

my old, old ipod has finally died on a trip at the weekend, and I realised that if only my 800 could do simple playlist function it could pretty much replace my need for one.

It was one of the first things I tried to get going on it when it came out, with no luck and i haven't really followed if it's now do-able..

Its such a simple thing that I take for granted on pc, laptop and ipod. so, is there an app or trick for 800?

Canola!

Though, are you asking to copy playlists across? That I'm not too sure about...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cadabena For This Useful Post:
There's no real application to copy playlists over sadly. I was looking into it earlier and someone did point out a method though..(involved using a program such as MediaMonkey and outputting it to a fake FAT partition and then copy that to the tablet).

I think you can do something similar in Ubuntu with Amarok. But I haven't figured out (I pretty much gave up since I rarely make playlists anyway).

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Originally Posted by Cadabena View Post
Canola!

I tried canola when the beta 2 came out and wasn't happy with it - does it have playlist functionality now? I guess i really mean the simple task of playing an album in the right order and the ability to make "on the go2 playlists that can also be saved and renamed.

does xmms do this?

and any 'bleeding edgers' know if maemo 5 will have some kind of answer and/or serioius attempt to challenge in this area?

cheers!

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
MediaBox does playlists, saves them, and you can reorder the files in there any time by simply dragging them around.

Originally Posted by flareup View Post
I tried canola when the beta 2 came out and wasn't happy with it - does it have playlist functionality now? I guess i really mean the simple task of playing an album in the right order and the ability to make "on the go2 playlists that can also be saved and renamed.

does xmms do this?

and any 'bleeding edgers' know if maemo 5 will have some kind of answer and/or serioius attempt to challenge in this area?

cheers!
Canola 2 has been able to play albums in the right order for a while now if your tags are correct. As for playlist, you can only create playlists in Canola 2 by tapping and holding down which will add it to "on the move". From there you can save the playlist to whatever you like.

You can't re-order the playlist and it's an annoying way to create a playlist. Mediabox does a way better job.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Tags
ipod, n810