Posts: 1,702 | Thanked: 4,752 times | Joined on Apr 2018 @ Helsinki, Finland.
Now that what paoletto says is really a super annoying truth. Actually the more you think of it, the harder it is to accept. If it is not possible to solve this in a proper way, would some kind of light sandboxed emulator environment be a solutions? It is a matter that has to be solved in some way.

Master of not knowing (active)

For me it is possible to get lost in any case (active)

Learning to fall from high (DONE)

Learning to code with BASIC (WIP)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by paoletto View Post
hey mates, it's 2021, and there's still no sane way to produce applications that would run on linux 2028. Not even AppImage guarantees that.
Windoze does that since the nineties.
The ******** jolla did with their update is unrelated. That shows only what piece of garbage Sailfish OS is, which, even though seems related to my linux comment, it really is not.
Typical over-jealous windows user behaviour, who shouts at something his mind will never grasp.

Vi worked 20 years ago. It still will work in 20.
Bask worked 15 years ago. My bash scripts from 12 years ago do exactly the same thing ever since, and still will for the next 25, 50, 75 years (if we get that far, that is).

gcc will still compile in 20 years.

Oh, and what do you think has been keeping these crappy windows irons from stopping running all these years? Thats right, linux routers. And KVM. Your future looks grim, windows-n00b

Or wait, maybe, just maybe you refer to all the *awesome* windows embedded devices powering our ultimate ferraris - the half of them that were built.

Did I mention Windows pushed a rover to mars? Yes? You never heard of it? No wonder, it never got there!

[/flame]

LINKer - transform your N9's home view in a Desktop, give it the freedom it deserves! -> LINKer for Harmattan

QuickBar - Can't find the app you used yesterday in your overcrowded Home Screen? Want access to the QuickLaunch bar even in the home screen? QuickBar for Harmattan

If you like our work, and would like to support via PayPal : users.giulietta@gmail.com

Last edited by tortoisedoc; 2021-01-26 at 18:08.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tortoisedoc For This Useful Post:
Try to run an older game under Win 10.

The Following User Says Thank You to Veraendert For This Useful Post:
Thanks to wine devs effort you can do it by D3D to oGL/vulkan interpreters.
Most of games runs just fine with no or minor graphical glitches.

The Following User Says Thank You to Trzyzet For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Trzyzet View Post
Thanks to wine devs effort you can do it by D3D to oGL/vulkan interpreters.
Most of games runs just fine with no or minor graphical glitches.
Isn't it funny that it's easier to run a win32 application from 199x on linux than a linux application from 199x (this being essentially impossible in binary form, and mostly also in source form unless it links only libc or something super simple)?

Originally Posted by paoletto View Post
Isn't it funny that it's easier to run a win32 application from 199x on linux than a linux application from 199x (this being essentially impossible in binary form, and mostly also in source form unless it links only libc or something super simple)?
No, it isn't.
You can always install a virtual machine that can deal with that old software, or some sort of container. That's essentially what WINE does, too.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nonsuch For This Useful Post: