Notices

Hmmmm....I'm using the 770 and I can no longer tap, hold and place route points on a map. Instead it just centers the map where I tap and hold. I've looked everywhere thinking a setting needs to be set, but no luck. Was this feature removed or am I missing something?

Originally Posted by bac522 View Post
Hmmmm....I'm using the 770 and I can no longer tap, hold and place route points on a map. Instead it just centers the map where I tap and hold. I've looked everywhere thinking a setting needs to be set, but no luck. Was this feature removed or am I missing something?
No, the tap-and-hold menu hasn't been removed, and it isn't controlled by a setting. It should always be enabled.

Is anyone else having this issue?

Maemo Mapper v2.6.2 has been released with some fixes to APRS. If you have been having issues with APRS, please update to v2.6.2 and try again.

Thanks for the awesome app! Unfortunately, since the update when I download routes the lines that normally overlay the streets don't appear. The prompts that tell the next turn to take seem to show up, but the route doesn't appear. Any ideas on what is going on?

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
are you sure that route display is turned on?

The Following User Says Thank You to tso For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by gnuite View Post
Maemo Mapper v2.6.2 has been released with some fixes to APRS. If you have been having issues with APRS, please update to v2.6.2 and try again.
Confirming the fixes are working, but this bug still exists on the 810 https://garage.maemo.org/tracker/ind...id=29&atid=185 Vote for it everyone! Maemo Mapper keeps getting better and better. Thanks to everyone that has contributed to this project.

Originally Posted by OpnSrcAddict View Post
Thanks for the awesome app! Unfortunately, since the update when I download routes the lines that normally overlay the streets don't appear. The prompts that tell the next turn to take seem to show up, but the route doesn't appear. Any ideas on what is going on?
A guess: check the "View | Show" menu and make sure that "Routes" and/or "Track" is checked.

The Following User Says Thank You to gnuite For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by st5150 View Post
Confirming the fixes are working, but this bug still exists on the 810 https://garage.maemo.org/tracker/ind...id=29&atid=185 Vote for it everyone! Maemo Mapper keeps getting better and better. Thanks to everyone that has contributed to this project.
Are you seeing the same issue as in that bug? Because the patch mentioned in that bug has been in Maemo Mapper since v2.4.1. Are there any differences between your situation and the situation described in the bug, which might help me better diagnose your particular problem?

I would also like to confirm the APRS fixes working. I was able to connect to and receive stations and messages from the APRS servers. All I have to do now is drive somewhere to make sure that it tx's to the servers properly as I move around.

Thanks for the fix, Maemo Mapper is now one of those MUST HAVE apps for me...

now, where is that Bluetooth TNC...

-John

Originally Posted by gnuite View Post
Are you seeing the same issue as in that bug? Because the patch mentioned in that bug has been in Maemo Mapper since v2.4.1. Are there any differences between your situation and the situation described in the bug, which might help me better diagnose your particular problem?
Yes, the only way I can get the internal N810 GPS to be recognised is to select the bluetooth GPS option,and leave its setting field blank. There are several of us having this problem: http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...ad.php?t=27105. If I remember right, v2.4.1 is about when this problem started for me.

tobaisj, why not use a bluetooth to serial adapter? This add-on has a lot of potential. It would be nice if an alarm goes off when a message is sent directed towards you. It would also be nice to have the ability to send messages to other stations.