In the last few days, 'telepathy-haze' has started chewing as much CPU time as it can get. It seems to happen for as long as there is a network connection available.

Anyone else had the same thing? Anyone know how to stop it?

Thanks very much in advance, Cheers, Tony.

I noticed the same some time after upgrading to PR1.2, and it makes the whole device sluggish and eats battery like there's no tomorrow. When connected to a network but in offline status, telepathy-haze doesn't seem to burden the CPU, but even a SIP-only availability status causes it to go out of control.

Does anyone know if a bug report has been filed? Or if a workaround/fix exists?

Originally Posted by abcoates View Post
Anyone else had the same thing? Anyone know how to stop it?
Do you by any chance use the Twitter plugin for Contacts and Conversations? I didn't notice that it had infiltrated my SIP-only availability status, and as soon as I disabled Twitter, telepathy-haze stopped hogging the CPU.

If you can confirm, there's obviously a problem with that plugin. Luckily it's one I can live without. If it's not Twitter in your case, it might be a good idea to disable accounts one by one to find out which one is causing it.

Thanks. At the time, I temporarily stopped it by disabling my MSN IM account. A few days later, it seemed OK, so I'm not sure if it was something temporary; there seemed to be a number of complaints around the time about Pidgin and MSN, and I wondered if twitter-haze shared any of the same code. I haven't had any issues so far with PR 1.2 as you have.
Cheers, Tony.

I can't say for sure if my problem is PR1.2-related, because I installed the Twitter plugin around the same time. Generally I've been happy with PR1.2.

Posts: 55 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Italy
Originally Posted by martinique View Post
Do you by any chance use the Twitter plugin for Contacts and Conversations? I didn't notice that it had infiltrated my SIP-only availability status, and as soon as I disabled Twitter, telepathy-haze stopped hogging the CPU.

If you can confirm, there's obviously a problem with that plugin. Luckily it's one I can live without. If it's not Twitter in your case, it might be a good idea to disable accounts one by one to find out which one is causing it.
Definitively twitter seems the problem, i've just disabled it and no more telepathy-haze. Instead i see telepathy-gabble that is taking a normale usage of the cpu.

Maybe i should check if a bug exists and if not i will fill.

Thanks!