Notices

Closed Thread
Posts: 1,412 | Thanked: 594 times | Joined on Aug 2005 @ Recife, Brazil
Hi Guys,

I think I fell asleep and didn't post here the changelog or more information.
Chenca has already talked to some of you in some of the threads, but heres goes a "official" release note

Beta5 is up, and it's a middle point for the beta6, actually it was supposed to be beta4, but some problems appeared, to make sure it works for everyone we updated to beta5 already.

So, beta5 still a bug fix release, we are launching it because a lot of serious problems were reported and we wanted to make sure people get those fixes. Also, very important : with beta5 and so on.. you can "backup" canola using the backup application from maemo now

What's not in: Blue theme, Youtube, Last.fm

What's in : Zoom in the photo viewer and a lot of bug fixes

Here goes the changelog :

Beta 5

A bug with media library access was found that broke podcast after refreshing the media library It also wasn't able to play back mp3, due to missing id3 library files (id3.so) in Light Media Scanner plugin packages

Beta 4
Canola ¶

* Podcast: many fixes, removal of leaks, do not hardcode cover path, new Current Downloads and Queueing support.
* Play audio of videos inside podcasts.
* Internet Radio: support URIs that are not feeds but direct streams (.ra, .mp3)
* Settings: fix "locks" in Media Library folder selection interface.
* Settings: new option to keep choose whether the display should be lit or not while charging.
* Fix problem with database not finding your media the first time after selecting it in "Settings > Media Library".
* Reload cover inside the player when it is changed.
* New (and larger) network and battery icons.
* Fix bug in "cover change" when changing Canola theme.
* Parse various feeds using threads, to avoid UI lockup.
* Feeds are now downloaded to ~/.canola/tmp (or what is specified in the 'temp_dir' setting) and deleted afterward.
* Zoom and pan in photos fullscreen view

Atabake ¶

* Fix volume problems when using mplayer as backend.

Python-downloadmanager ¶

* Queuring
* Better API
* Fixed problem with progress

Canolad (daemon) ¶

* Use new LMS plugin for id3 parsing.
* Fix bug when removing items from scanned folders by type (audio/video/photo).

Python-terra ¶

* Escape titles in Main Window.

So this basically means :

Podcast is working better now, but we still not supporting feedburner correctly (coming in next release), people have requested to have a setting about turning the display off you got it. And LMS (the media scanner is finding MUCH more music now) Thanks for the help on this, and I would ask the asian guys to test it agains your library of japanese and chinese songs to see how it goes now, as we are running to support you better guys!

UPDATE: video showing the zoom feature
: http://marceloeduardo.blip.tv/#692953
Thanks in behalf of the team

Marcelo
OpenBossa Labs @ INdT, Recife Brazil
http://openbossa.indt.org

Last edited by handful; 2008-02-22 at 15:27.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to handful For This Useful Post:
Unable to install right now. Will this get fixed?

Tmilr87 : we have been tracking, it seems that some users has a combination of :
alternative repositories (from canola2 beta1 launch) + old libraries, and in the end it gets messy, As you can see in other threads others users were able to install so it's not a problem that happens everytime people try to install.

I already asked information from you : about log files, repositories you have and so on, so we can help you figure out what's happening in your system.

If possible : use the cleanup install and send to us (via Private message) the text that Canola-cleanup says, this can also help us if you have some problems with dependencies.

Br

Marcelo

If you previously installed Canloa2, Beta5 should now show up if you 'Check for Updates' from the Application Manager. The new version basically improves handling of Podcasts, option to turn off the screen, improved searching of music files, and improved support for music files with asian fonts.
Read the full article.

Posts: 1,743 | Thanked: 1,231 times | Joined on Jul 2006 @ Twickenham, UK
I did the canola2-cleanup a few days ago, then got the Internal Card read-only bug and had to reformat the internal memory card.
I can't remember I did install canola2 beta 1 since my last re-flashing, but I am getting now errors of missing library:

liblightmediascanner0 (= 0.1.3-maemo1) (this appears several times)
along with
lightmediascanner0-*

Should i run the canola2-cleanup again ?

EDIT:

I did solve it by running the canola2-cleanup and installing it from the Terminal !?
first I did an apt-get -f and it reinstalled a few packages I am sure are related to Canola2 (but they should not have been installed!) (like libevas)

Then i did apt-get install canol2 and it complained about:

dpkg: serious warning: files list file for package `libevas0-loader-png' missing, assuming package has no files currently installed.

but went ahead. Also complained when stopping a few daemons and tried to kill some process:

Unpacking atabake (from .../atabake_0.1.2-maemo1_all.deb) ...
Stopping atabake
-sh: /usr/bin/atabake: not found
Selecting previously deselected package python2.5-downloadmanager.
Unpacking python2.5-downloadmanager (from .../python2.5-downloadmanager_0.2.2-maemo1_all.deb) ...
Restarting download_manager_server
killall: download_manager_server: no process killed
Stopping downloadmanager
-sh: /usr/bin/downloadmanager: not found
Selecting previously deselected package canolad.
Unpacking canolad (from .../canolad_0.1.2-maemo2_all.deb) ...
Stopping canolad
-sh: /usr/bin/canolad: not found

Of course this was not an update, so there was no such daemons of processes running.
At the end it installed and looks like is working, but something went wrong, it should have been an issue-less upgrade.

ideas ?

Last edited by anidel; 2008-02-22 at 14:37.

Can I pick my own album cover with this version?

amigokin,

In Beta5 the "Pick from file" feature is not implemented, but you can choose the correct (or more beautiful, more clean, etc...) album cover when Canola-Tuning lists more than one cover for the same album.

How do you store your covers ? I'm asking this because Canola-Tuning looks for album covers in several "places" (embedded, in the album directory, amazon and last.fm sites).

Originally Posted by chenca View Post
amigokin,

In Beta5 the "Pick from file" feature is not implemented, but you can choose the correct (or more beautiful, more clean, etc...) album cover when Canola-Tuning lists more than one cover for the same album.
Canola Tunning can't find covers for many of my albums...

Anyway, I just have to wait

or... you can tell me how your covers are organized and I can make a fix for Canola-Tuning :-)

Amigokin: is your cover on folder / embbed? ou do you say when downloading from internet?

If from the internet ? if so can you check on amazon to see if it's there... if not : / then you will need to either put on the folder or wait for the pick from file

Closed Thread