Posts: 1,702 | Thanked: 4,752 times | Joined on Apr 2018 @ Helsinki, Finland.
Haven't used virtualbox. Just tried once. If I install the Leste image what parameters of the machine I should put for the virtualbox? Like do I check N900 specs and put those with screen resolution, ram, cpu etc. to get the right experience? I remember I needed to choose those kinds of stuff when I once installed Skywavelinux on virtualbox.

I think I subconsciously implemented on my question a feeling of being puzzled why I haven't heard anyone trying the Dooble with Leste. Like "there sure is someone who has already tried and will answer" kind of thing.

Master of not knowing (active)

For me it is possible to get lost in any case (active)

Learning to fall from high (DONE)

Learning to code with BASIC (WIP)

The Following User Says Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:
Posts: 862 | Thanked: 2,511 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Germany
Originally Posted by Maemish View Post
If I install the Leste image what parameters of the machine I should put for the virtualbox?
You create a new virtual machine for Debian 64bit and 1024MB ram and select the image as virtual hdd. However you could also use qemu.

https://leste.maemo.org/Virtual_Machine

I added also another network card and it could be that you need something todo with the mouse cursor but can't remember exactly.
So I have two images one with working mouse cursor and one without need to figure out again what I did. Maybe change the pointing device from USB Tablet to PS/2 Mouse.
If you like to compile stuff I would suggest to use more prozessors and more ram.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Halftux For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,702 | Thanked: 4,752 times | Joined on Apr 2018 @ Helsinki, Finland.
I don't quite understand. I thought I should put the same specs as N900 to have a similar experience using it as with N900. Like maybe 900MHz cpu and 256MB ram with a swap. Maybe I don't get something.

Master of not knowing (active)

For me it is possible to get lost in any case (active)

Learning to fall from high (DONE)

Learning to code with BASIC (WIP)

The Following User Says Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:
Posts: 862 | Thanked: 2,511 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Germany
VirtualBox is no emulator for N900 it is another platform where you can test maemo leste. If you would like to have N900 conditions you should use a N900.You have so many spares you could install to one maemo leste and compile dooble for it.
Or you wait until someone pops up who tested dooble on maemo leste and N900 together. Don't know the browser situation but I don't think that dooble is choosen to be the mobile browser on leste, thats why I guess that nobody tested it so far.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Halftux For This Useful Post:
hello again! and thank you again for the nice work!

it was great to see that the repositories changed from "test"/"testings"/"unstable" to "stable" on my last apt update!

I tried to use use SAMBA-NAS with cifs-utils and didn't manage. is there no cifs-support in the Droid4-kernel?

p.s. this site doesn't allow me to log-in using the command-line browser. "links"

The Following User Says Thank You to dktr.k1 For This Useful Post:
Last news at maemo-leste.github.io is from March 2020, but last Raspberry Pi 2 image is from March 2019.

Any news would be welcome and any newer images for Pi2 would be welcome.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to teroyk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by teroyk View Post
Last news at maemo-leste.github.io is from March 2020, but last Raspberry Pi 2 image is from March 2019.

Any news would be welcome and any newer images for Pi2 would be welcome.
I asked on #maemo-leste:

(11,11,06) parazyd: freemangordon: Yeah, we didn't build Pi2 images in a while. Maybe I do it with Wizzup these days. He has a nice touchscreen that works with the Pi

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
^ I'm guessing a pi2 is small enough it could be made into some sort of handset?
It's a nice project.

Afaics the Maemo Leste project still very much concentrates on Nokia N900 & Motorola Droid 4.
Once these are out of beta (and we're still in alpha it seems) it would definitely be good to concentrate on more devices.

I think, nay I believe, that the devs put a lot of effort into making Leste portable - afaiu that's one of the main points, to ensure long-time support - even though the actual porting is not happening yet (very much).

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nonsuch For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by nonsuch View Post
^ I'm guessing a pi2 is small enough it could be made into some sort of handset?
It's a nice project.
It's not. I'm afraid, I don't like projects like pi because SOC's used in that boards doesn't have even simplest energy saving mode.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Trzyzet For This Useful Post:

The Following 24 Users Say Thank You to Wizzup_ For This Useful Post:

Tags
leste, maemo 7