Active Topics

Hi Alfred,

That is my problem too. I am not able to update packages but I did not found anything to this problem.

I am new to the mer project but it looks very nice

Posts: 101 | Thanked: 149 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ United Arab Emirates
TOday installed latest image bit better than previos also updated. keyboard ok, faster response but camera not working. May be a bug. Package manager still frozen for any package installation only terminal can be used for the purpose. Applications status is same as previous. Hope in first week of 2012 it will improve

The Following User Says Thank You to ayazpak For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,055 | Thanked: 4,107 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Norway
Please, make sure you're reporting issues you find to bugs.nemomobile.org. Or even better, work on helping to fix them.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to w00t For This Useful Post:
New image arrived, I will check it today http://repository.maemo.org/meego/Ne...-n900-testing/

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ayazpak For This Useful Post:
I would like to install nemo on my N900. Since I don`t have a SD card can I install it native (on the internal storage)?

Originally Posted by primusx86 View Post
I would like to install nemo on my N900. Since I don`t have a SD card can I install it native (on the internal storage)?
http://wiki.meego.com/ARM/N900/Install/EMMC

The Following User Says Thank You to ayazpak For This Useful Post:
guys i manage to install latest image posted today, just one dummy question how to shut down? great job!!!

Posts: 273 | Thanked: 463 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Athens
Originally Posted by ayazpak View Post
http://wiki.meego.com/ARM/N900/Install/EMMC
That failed for me because flasher wouldn't recognize the nemo image

Originally Posted by B-RUNO View Post
guys i manage to install latest image posted today, just one dummy question how to shut down? great job!!!
I haven't found any other way than doing it from the xterm.

xterm ->
'su -' ->
'meego' as the password ->
'reboot' or 'shutdown now'

I too checked the latest image. Again required two reboots until things settled, including battery image which turned normal eventually (was light blue rectangle before that). Had couple of errors after first boot such as lock screen getting stuck and not reacting to input at all.

Looks like virtual keyboard is gone or not started automatically, which is bad since it contains some characters you can't get from the hw-keyboard currently and thus keeps me out of my WLAN.

General feeling is that it is again smoother. Possibly less problems with task switcher too.

The Following User Says Thank You to Manatus For This Useful Post:
c
I haven't found any other way than doing it from the xterm.

xterm ->
'su -' ->
'meego' as the password ->
'reboot' or 'shutdown now'

I too checked the latest image. Again required two reboots until things settled, including battery image which turned normal eventually (was light blue rectangle before that). Had couple of errors after first boot such as lock screen getting stuck and not reacting to input at all.

Looks like virtual keyboard is gone or not started automatically, which is bad since it contains some characters you can't get from the hw-keyboard currently and thus keeps me out of my WLAN.

General feeling is that it is again smoother. Possibly less problems with task switcher too.
Regarding the virtual keyboard i can confirm is missing, my WLAN running fine, packages not working properly keep geting error about autentification wlan, a small bug on the browser when making zoom invokes volume, so far very good.

Last edited by B-RUNO; 2012-01-06 at 00:24.