Active Topics

This is a list of things I've noticed on the N800 to date that would qualify as bugs. I'm running the v2 firmware - official - and think these all need to be resolved as we move forward. I'm assuming others have noticed the same if not similar items.
  • Flash audio only plays if your browser window is active. If you minimize the window or switch applications, it simply stops. I was listening to the CNet podcast from their site tonight and thought I might also read some things, but found the audio paused as soon as it was no longer the active thing on screen.
  • Text entry in web forms (GMail, ITT) can simply disappear. I've entered full replies and when I've returned to full screen view from the thumbboard, the text is gone - as if never entered. With the stylus keyboard, I've also seen text (particularly in Gmail) seem like it was entering, but when you scroll back to where you were typing nothing is there...
  • D-Pad can be flaky... Tonight my D-Pad did not work in conjunction with the power / screen off combo, but did work to turn it on. It did not work with the menu key (in any direction) but it did work to move on the home screen (though not the center key, so no click)
  • Streaming radio stations will appear to not work when you initially launch them from the home screen applet, but if you choose another stream, activate it and then pick the previous stream, it works every time. Very odd.

Last edited by atmasphere; 2007-02-07 at 02:46.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
OT- just saw you popup on http://twittervision.com/, dude!

just added you as a friend!

That is one cool app-- highly addictive! You seem very popular there.

I guess friends are added on the home site-- I see no way to do so on twittervision...

right all on either your home page or from a command like follow "friend" in IM, txt or one of the apps

Twittering on Nokia N800 now... after initial load, not too bad! But I can only read...

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by atmasphere View Post
  • Flash audio only plays if your browser window is active. If you minimize the window or switch applications, it simply stops. I was listening to the CNet podcast from their site tonight and thought I might also read some things, but found the audio paused as soon as it was no longer the active thing on screen.
https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1006

Add your vote to help ensure something is done about it!

FWIW, I have never seen the text-disappearing act. But twice I've seen text mode go randomly from lower case to upper case (in the middle of word) while entering text in gmail. I've seen a couple other reports about this too. But the text hasn't disappeared on me, thank goodness -- losing text is about the most annoying thing that can happen to me as far as computers are concerned.

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by TA-t3 View Post
But twice I've seen text mode go randomly from lower case to upper case (in the middle of word) while entering text in gmail. I've seen a couple other reports about this too.
This is bug #1206 - it seems to be specific to Opera (ie. text input on web pages).

Posts: 186 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Canada
A few other issues:

-touch screen response at boot, lagged.

-random wifi drops.