Posts: 3,220 | Thanked: 326 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ "Almost there!" (Monte Christo, Count of)
Originally Posted by fpp View Post
Oh come on Karel... surely you speak some German ? I still remember the whole of "Die Lorelei" from my high school days... maybe we could do a duet on that ? But mostly we need you to DRINK BEER WITH, man !
'nuff said :-)
Well, if there's [non-German] beer...

Seriously, I really doubt I deserve a sponsorship, but if I could get a ticket in and maybe a pointer to a hotel room, I'd probably come for a laugh. It's merely a matter of hopping in a train and bringing enough reading stuff for the trip.

Just don't expect any amazing software contributions from me.

It's not just about software contributions, we'd also like to arrange some Community chats, interaction, etc. from the big hitters in the Community (and others).

The Following User Says Thank You to lardman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 832 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ Phoenix, AZ
Valid point, Mr. General! - and I wasn't saying that something should/should not be allowed. I was just spotting a trend.

Originally Posted by GeneralAntilles View Post
Personally, I'd have to wear karma like that like a badge of pride.
Tell you what: if you and I both make it there, I'll have some made. You'll have to tell me sizes and preferred color. Deal?

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by thoughtfix View Post
Valid point, Mr. General! - and I wasn't saying that something should/should not be allowed. I was just spotting a trend.
I'll cop to vindictively thumbing Aisu's posts. I was getting tired of the screaming Debian and Android announcements, and he had a post with a very prominent "GIVE ME MONEY PLS" section which pushed me over the top.

Tell you what: if you and I both make it there, I'll have some made. You'll have to tell me sizes and preferred color. Deal?
I might be singing a different tune if "No Thanks!" had ever been implemented here.

Posts: 223 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ home
It's amazing how many humble people we have here on ITT!

I would love to come, but have no money, and don't consider myself having contributed enough to the community (I have a couple plans for the future, but they're all still eggs). Moreover, people that I've seen here that have REALLY done ALLOT.... and they are saying that they don't deserve to go! If the people who have posted above me don't, then who does?

Personally, I'll take a chance and see if I can design a nice logo for maemo, if not, well there's always next year. (and I'm sure I won't be missed lol)

--Jon

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
I hope you both do make it. Talk about the definition of "rock stars", although GA has more of a punk rock star attitude...

That -108 karma is hilarious! I want to go out now and give "thumbs down" to all of Thoughtfix's posts, just so it can be even more absurd!

EDIT: There's something weird in general with thoughtfix's profile.... -123 blogs?!

Last edited by qole; 2008-07-16 at 22:45.

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Originally Posted by jzencovich View Post
It's amazing how many humble people we have here on ITT!
Well, it's weird how some people become rock stars... I wrote a couple of shell scripts (one of which I mostly borrowed from penguinbait) and made a .deb package out of it all, and suddenly I'm a "rock star"... Whatever.

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by qole View Post
Well, it's weird how some people become rock stars... I wrote a couple of shell scripts (one of which I mostly borrowed from penguinbait) and made a .deb package out of it all, and suddenly I'm a "rock star"... Whatever.
I'm beginning to think the summit should include a "least worthy of being here" competition.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sjgadsby For This Useful Post:
But nobody would think they were worthy to enter the competition.

The Following User Says Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Tell you what: if [GeneralAntilles] and I both make it there...
GeneralAntilles, are you going?

Tags
maemo.org