Active Topics

Originally Posted by lantern View Post
No rights managing, I suppose?

on the other hand
Why exactly did you quote these things? They have nothing to do with alien-dalvik

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to r0kk3rz For This Useful Post:
Dunno, just some breadcrumbs

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lantern For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,313 | Thanked: 2,977 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
Originally Posted by jukk View Post
In Finland we can still use bank identification using the paper system (like you said above) or the various systems that different banks have.
That's about to change, thanks to EU. In few years no more paper system, either dedicated hardware or mobile app.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ajalkane For This Useful Post:
Posts: 498 | Thanked: 836 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Finland
Originally Posted by jukk View Post
Note that in Finland we don't have the Swedish BankID. That is a totally different system that requires Android/iOS/Mac/Windows and doesn't even work on Linux PCs due to lack of software. In Finland we can still use bank identification using the paper system (like you said above) or the various systems that different banks have.

And in Finland you could also use the state issued electronic ID to login to state services like tax return etc. There is even linux software: https://eevertti.vrk.fi/en/linux-versions
And in Finland you can also use the sim-card based ID (mobiilivarmenne) for basically everything official business. I use it much more than I do my bank ID. Also at least OP bank offers "gateway" for those services which only have bank id to use the mobiilivarmenne through them instead of banking id.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Boxeri For This Useful Post:
I did not find a clear statement about this but I assume Android version is going up to 8 in the future. I also assume it will go up also with Xperia X in addition to XA2s. Did I assume correctly?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pexi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK
https://jolla.com/sailfishX/

12. The Android Runtime of Xperia X is based on version 4.4.4 now. Will you update the Android support of Xperia X devices?

The Android Support of Xperia XA2 will be based on Android 8.1. We are looking into updating the Android Support of Xperia X, too, after we have released the support for the new XA2 range of devices.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mariusmssj For This Useful Post:
Posts: 173 | Thanked: 512 times | Joined on Jul 2018 @ Guatemala
ok nice, but the must import is when will be. when xperia x is overing? ... @pichlo? @etc?

Last edited by carlosgonz; 2018-11-14 at 13:57.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to carlosgonz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
Originally Posted by mariusmssj View Post
https://jolla.com/sailfishX/
Point 12 looks good but..
Since I did not find any update on Sailfish X and Salfish X 3.0 EA yet.. I hope that by the time the update finally arrives as a partial update, Android applications won't demand android 12 as a minimum for operation.
Or in the most optimistic scenario I don't see it as impossible to have a Sailfish OS native Fennec browser one day. After all it happened on Nokia N900 and that was more like a proof of concept due to RAM limitations.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ste-phan For This Useful Post: