Active Topics

Hi everyone !
Yesterday I was upgrade my N800 to the v4.2008.36-5 when I finish , sometime the whole screen was keep scrolling .
when I open a webpage or control panel the screen was back to normal but still blinking . then . I try to reflash every version OS , but
seem the problem is the same .
what's problem with my N800 .pls help me !!!

Posts: 354 | Thanked: 93 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ New York
Sounds like something physically is causing your N800 to think the screen is being touched.

Carefully examine the bezel around the edge of the screen. Is there any food crumbs around there? Is there anything that might make the touchscreen think you are pressing down on it? I once had a Dell Pocket PC do this when I got I back from my daughter and I found the cause was a tiny crumb from something breadlike.

when I fullscreen some webpage or videoscreen the whole screen started shaking.
but in the window mode seemed normal. running some games seemed just be fine .
so does anyone have same problem pls help very thankful!

Posts: 354 | Thanked: 93 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ New York
I was not joking. A hard small crumb (like from pizza crust) can sometimes cause this. Look under/between the screen and the case at the edges where the screen meets the bezel.

You went from saying it was a "scrolling" problem in the first post to a "shaking" in the second post in the same thread. Those are different symptoms. Which is it, scrolling or shaking?

In addition to looking for something between the bezel and the screen, if that reveals nothing, was liquid ever spilled on the machine? Did it get rained on? Condensation?

Posts: 1,137 | Thanked: 402 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Catalunya
Originally Posted by xxM5xx View Post
addition to looking for something between the bezel and the screen, if that reveals nothing, was liquid ever spilled on the machine? Did it get rained on? Condensation?
I my case none of the above, the screen simply died (I mean, it showed black lines jumping around the screen, at first only when the rightmost part was dark, then regardless of the color). Applying heat (with a hairdryer) made the screen work for a while. Eventually I had to replace it (search in the troubleshooting forum for details).

You went from saying it was a "scrolling" problem in the first post to a "shaking" in the second post in the same thread. Those are different symptoms. Which is it, scrolling or shaking?

thank you for reply today I found the issue is screen keep rolling
later I will post some picture hopeful you could understand!

Last edited by kirkzero; 2008-10-28 at 13:53.

Here is the pictures

On the top of screen appear a horizon gray line .

Last edited by kirkzero; 2008-10-28 at 04:20.