Actually I think it was the router; it's been playing up a bit today and my XP computer is connected through a different router. (Both my tablets are connected through one, and my XP through another.)

I just want to check the sequence of things if that's OK:
  1. Flash kernel with image
  2. insmod extra packages
  3. Have fun trying to configure PPTP.

PS will try the commands when I get home, let you know if it's any different.

Posts: 2,152 | Thanked: 1,490 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by zestuart View Post
  1. Flash kernel with image
  2. insmod extra packages
  3. Have fun trying to configure PPTP.
yes, point 2 must be done after every reboot so it is easiest to add insmod commands to you vpn setup script before using ppp or pptpclient or whatever.

If you really need to PM me with troubleshooting question please consider posting it to the forum instead. It is OK to PM me a link to such post then. Thank you.

Originally Posted by fanoush View Post
Which ones? Those with suffix .tar.gz or .tgz or both? Both are gzipped tars. can you try both 'tar ztvf' and also without 'z' on the 'broken' file? Maybe your browser silently decompresses gzip files? Just tried and both work fine for me with Firefox on XP and Ubuntu 6.10. Will try also on device but I think I already tried many times since it is easier to get them directly from web if one has freshly flashed firmware and no ssh server on device.
Worked fine at home, on Ubuntu and tablet, just a problem with router at work.

Any suggestions for resolving a 'no auth possible' message during PPTP connection? (Using pptpclient.) I've tried all variations of the chaps-secret text as per http://pptpclient.sourceforge.net/ho...th_is_possible, but no joy.

I see that Codebay is maintaing the stinghorn Linux L2TP/IPsec code as open source. Wish someone could talke Nokia into putting it into the next release of OS2008...

Whoops - forgot codebay's address for the code:
http://www.codebay.fi/opensource.html