Posts: 1,559 | Thanked: 1,786 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Boston
Originally Posted by rob42 View Post
ok
have double checkec - no other camera ap.
next should I install the kernel ( plus qcpu - whic is what i used before)
then install the apps
then do a apt-get update to get the new fcamera driver.
or is there a better method.

thanks
I did "apt-get install fcam-driver". If that doesn't fix it then i'm afraid i'm out of ideas, sorry.

Unofficial PR1.3/Meego 1.1 FAQ

Classic example of arbitrary Nokia decision making. Couldn't just fallback to the no brainer of tagging with lat/lon if network isn't accessible, could you Nokia?
MAME: an arcade in your pocket
Accelemymote: make your accelerometer more joy-ful

The Following User Says Thank You to Flandry For This Useful Post:
Posts: 46 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Hampshire,UK
have had to do a vanilla reflash.
in the process of returning to usual set up .
will have another look once this is done.
am concerned with the problems people have been having.

have just installed kernel with qcpu. restarted and stock camera is working fine? without installing any other drivers.
will try with bless900 next

update - all camera functions seem to be working. this is odd as orginally none of them would work after installing the new kernal

Last edited by rob42; 2011-06-15 at 11:48.

Posts: 305 | Thanked: 71 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ 'Nam
Downloaded the new fcam drivers and the camera is working like a charm

I actually have the same problem as someone stated some time before.
I am using bh-214 headset.

The problem is following: connect headset to the phone and start to play music for some time and then pause (actually it can be
done even by pressing play/pause button with 1 second interval).
After that wait for ~5 minutes and try play it again.

Outcome: no sound on the first attemp to play but progression bar is going (at this moment if won`t press anything else you will hear somewhat of struggling sound, just a very short fragments), then if you try to play/pause again there will be no sound and progress bar fill frezze and then the headset icon will disappear and sound will continue playing in suppresed low quality mode.

Important to note that all these steps are going with quite heavy
lags.

I`m not quite sure is this kp related problem, but it just appeared after upgrading to v47. This stuff happening for some days already with 100% reproductivity.
Any clues about this?

Last edited by Darkslayer; 2011-06-17 at 20:27.

The Following User Says Thank You to Darkslayer For This Useful Post:
Posts: 345 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Reunion Island
Same problem here but with my sennheiser mm450... appeared since last kernel-power v47 appeared !

PC :
MSi K9N2 Diamond, AMD Phenom 9950 BE @ 3.2ghz, 2x2GO DDR2 G.Skill Extreme Pi Black PC8500, Sapphire ATi Radeon HD 4890 Vapor-X, Hitachi 1To sata II

Posts: 2,102 | Thanked: 1,937 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Berlin, Germany
Please give some more info about your settings for kernel-power. Do you use a custom profile or one of the prebuild profiles? Do you tweak the cpu with some third widget/application? Which media player(s) do you use?

As for me i`m using default preset for kp, the only thing i`m doing is overclocking to 1ghz with kernel-config-limits 250 1000 command (though it set to be done through queen beecon, but i suppose it doesn`t matter).

I`m using standart media player, but i have found out that as lag is starting, you are not able to play any media file at all until you disconnect bt headset (i tried to play video with standart media player, with kmplayer (using different optional players including mplayer, npp and others)). The outcome in all players is the same: progress bar doesnt move and no audio or video is being played.

I believe that i`ve seen one time during this lag a hildon message saying sth about "error.... audio device is already in use", though i don`t remember what exatly it was saying.

not sure why people are having problems with fcam mine works like a charm

I would like to report other strange observation, which is for 100% related to kp47. After i upgraded it, even with bq27200blacklisted properly, current_now show higher value for both charging and discharging. And I'm NOT talking about fact, that it reports now more accurate value (by 2 degrees, i.e. 130000 instead of 1300) - so I'm not talking about most common false bug report here

the thing is that, before update, current_now always showed (after correct calculations) that my standby usage is 70-100 maH with screen on, and charging with the same conditions occur at 400-500 mAh rate (give fact that phone is using 70-100 mAh for operation, so its really about 600 mAh that charger provide). Now, current_now return 150-180 mAh for standby, and 800-900 mAh for charging (+ 150-180 mAh for phone operation, as before = ~1A from charger).

I don't suppose my N900 to drain battery more quickly with kp47 (i didn't notice real life decrease in single battery operation time), neither I think that my charger started to put more heat into battery I don't know if reading are screwed, or were screwed before and now are correct - i would like to know if other people noticed same thing.

// Edit

Before, i used kp46-wl1.

If you have bq27x00_battery blacklisted, you can't get current_now from bq module (it is blacklisted).

And if you are talking about bq module, in v46 was all values in bad units (22/3570 uAh or 22/3570 uA). Now in v47 is all in correct normalized units (1 uAh or 1 uA) So recalculate current_now from this units to uAh/uA.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:

Tags
battery-status, bq27x00_battery, kernel, kernel-power, misiak4king, noobs-cant-read, pali4president, patches, readdirections, revolverspinyou