Active Topics

Poll: Should MeeGo devs inform maemo.org users through talk.maemo.org?
Poll Options
Should MeeGo devs inform maemo.org users through talk.maemo.org?

Posts: 1,559 | Thanked: 1,786 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Boston
Originally Posted by ysss View Post
When and how did THAT happen?
Now we're not gonna get all his cool inventions and contributions that he's said he's going to bring on board...
At present it's a 3 day ban due to infractions from breaking the community rules. I believe it expires today.

Please stop enabling him by talking about him and stroking his ego (this isn't directed at ysss but at anyone reading this), and please realize that many of the posts that do so are breaking the same forum rules and could lead to infraction points.

We have a specific set of rules in this community that were carefully deliberated and reviewed by the community as a whole. The job of the moderators is to enforce those rules. Reggie's policy is of minimal intervention. Any action beyond enforcing of the rules will most likely be done through the council, which in turn is to represent the community.

Please keep to the topic of this thread now and take moderation policy discussion to another thread, and please bear in mind the community rules in the process. Finally, i know it's not always a solution, but if everyone would be careful not to enable trolling, it would reduce the friction. If someone makes a false statement, state the truth and give references, and leave it at that.

Sorry for the lecture; you may now return to your regular program.

Unofficial PR1.3/Meego 1.1 FAQ

Classic example of arbitrary Nokia decision making. Couldn't just fallback to the no brainer of tagging with lat/lon if network isn't accessible, could you Nokia?
MAME: an arcade in your pocket
Accelemymote: make your accelerometer more joy-ful

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Flandry For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 974 | Thanked: 622 times | Joined on Oct 2010
It's like allaboutsymbian.com. More and more is about WP, soon everything will be WP.

IMO MeeGo has nothing to do here on a Maemo forum. It will be like OpenSUSE on a Ubuntu forum, or Bada on a MeeGo forum. Change the name of the forum, don't live in the past for sentimental reasons, it doesn't look pretty.

Originally Posted by ericsson View Post
IMO MeeGo has nothing to do here on a Maemo forum.
Considering Nokia merged Maemo into MeeGo, and many of the technologies and applications transition without much trouble, I don't get this.

It will be like OpenSUSE on a Ubuntu forum
Sometimes cross-distro discussion is a good thing. I've solved problems in Ubuntu using solutions for Fedora.

or Bada on a MeeGo forum.
This is the only one that makes sense, since Bada is detached from every other mobile OS out there, especially MeeGo.

That said, this entire topic is silly since most MeeGo chatter has taken place in the Harmattan/MeeGo subforum.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wmarone For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,559 | Thanked: 1,786 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Boston
I voted "other" because i wanted to qualify it: there's a Meego/Harmattan subforum and an Alternatives subforum. That's exactly where that kind of information can and should be posted.

Anywhere else in the forum is off topic and i would treat it as such.

Unofficial PR1.3/Meego 1.1 FAQ

Classic example of arbitrary Nokia decision making. Couldn't just fallback to the no brainer of tagging with lat/lon if network isn't accessible, could you Nokia?
MAME: an arcade in your pocket
Accelemymote: make your accelerometer more joy-ful

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Flandry For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Originally Posted by Flandry View Post
I voted "other" because i wanted to qualify it: there's a Meego/Harmattan subforum and an Alternatives subforum. That's exactly where that kind of information can and should be posted.

Anywhere else in the forum is off topic and i would treat it as such.
Could you please me more specific because the way i am reading your post is that ANY talk of MeeGo on htis forum is off topic and should take place on the relevent forums? could you please clarify your thoughts on this.

Posts: 724 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
Could you please me more specific because the way i am reading your post is that ANY talk of MeeGo on htis forum is off topic and should take place on the relevent forums? could you please clarify your thoughts on this.
He was stating MeeGo related topics should be posted in the meego/harmattan sub category of this site. Which I agree with. I hope you pay attention to this poll and stop your anti-meego trolling campaign. Thank you.

Originally Posted by tswindell View Post
He was stating MeeGo related topics should be posted in the meego/harmattan sub category of this site. Which I agree with. I hope you pay attention to this poll and stop your anti-meego trolling campaign. Thank you.
Then why is this not on that sub section? and as for trolling about MeeGo , far far from it as you would be very suprised to know my thoughts !.

Dare you even ask me ?

Originally Posted by ericsson View Post
It's like allaboutsymbian.com. More and more is about WP, soon everything will be WP.

IMO MeeGo has nothing to do here on a Maemo forum. It will be like OpenSUSE on a Ubuntu forum, or Bada on a MeeGo forum. Change the name of the forum, don't live in the past for sentimental reasons, it doesn't look pretty.
While i agree with you on some part i have looked at some of the comments regarding MeeGo on this forum and it is very much a mixed bag.

Some say it does not have a place on here, just like yourself, and others say the opposite that it is good to talk MeeGo on this forum.

Posts: 724 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
While i agree with you on some part i have looked at some of the comments regarding MeeGo on this forum and it is very much a mixed bag.

Some say it does not have a place on here, just like yourself, and others say the opposite that it is good to talk MeeGo on this forum.
Please pay attention to the poll results abill_uk, there is an overwhelming count against your view of no meego here, now kindly stop concentrating on the 8 people that agree with you and get back in line with the community. Thanks.

The Following User Says Thank You to tswindell For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Nice, one man troll army is back. welcome

Edit: thank you flurry. This MessagePad resulted in à warning. I got 20 points. How many points do need and what can you do With them?

Last edited by Dave999; 2011-06-13 at 17:42.

Tags
context, debate, developers, frappadecaf, infraction pts, javis vs. woody, let's troll!, meego, relevance