Originally Posted by mail_e36 View Post
The more important question is, does the N900 WiFi chipset support promiscuous mode?
YES in fact the card supports promiscuous mode, monitor mode, and packet injection!

Anyone get driftnet working yet? I would LOVE to be able to use it on the N900.....

If I get it working I'll post back here.

cheers

I managed to compile it on the n900 by installing all the libpcap, libjpeg, libungif and GTK dev packages and modifying the Makefile

just change

CFLAGS += `gtk-config --cflags`
to
CFLAGS += `pkg-config --cflags --libs gtk+-2.0`

and

LDLIBS += -ljpeg -lungif `gtk-config --libs`
to
LDLIBS += -ljpeg -lungif `pkg-config --cflags --libs gtk+-2.0`

I'm having a hard time picking up images from someone elses computer. On a open access point, it'll pick up a few, but not close to all of them.

binary: driftnet

The Following User Says Thank You to nihilum For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by lardman View Post
Well we should certainly have driftnet running and displaying on a screen at the next summit
Eh, not sure how wise that is, with a network full of pocket computers that can be trivially scripted to repeatedly fetch goatse for the benefit of others without viewing it themselves.

Originally Posted by nihilum View Post

I managed to compile it on the n900 by installing all the libpcap, libjpeg, libungif and GTK dev packages and modifying the Makefile

just change

CFLAGS += `gtk-config --cflags`
to
CFLAGS += `pkg-config --cflags --libs gtk+-2.0`

and

LDLIBS += -ljpeg -lungif `gtk-config --libs`
to
LDLIBS += -ljpeg -lungif `pkg-config --cflags --libs gtk+-2.0`

I'm having a hard time picking up images from someone elses computer. On a open access point, it'll pick up a few, but not close to all of them.

binary: driftnet

couple of week ago I got it to work from within easy debian chroot...
for capturing all data i used the wifi module that supports promisc. mode and ettercap ...
but on a busy netwerk this slows everything down.. i think the n900 is not fast enough to pass the network traffic fast enough in order for no one to notice the sniffing...