Active Topics

Apologies if any of this is covered earlier in the thread - I can't read through 54 pages though.

I used to have the power kernel installed, but ran into conflicts with Fcamera and eventually had to reflash my device.

I'd like to get the power kernel back because my phone is pretty laggy without it, but I don't want to mess things up by installing an unstable version.

Can anyone tell me, is there a relatively stable version, that is compatible with Fcam, and if so where is it and how do I install it? The one in application manager comes up as "not installable" for me.

Thanks if anyone can help.

Don't quote me on this bro but I think the stable software is kept in the stable repository called 'extras'. You will also find the appropriate fcam driver there too.

The Following User Says Thank You to vi_ For This Useful Post:
i have this audo issuse. it stuttering issue when playing music. its happens when cpu is at load and it didnt happen with power 46. i have cssu installed but so did i have it with 46 with no issue.

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
fcam, blessN900, and power kernel do not conflict if you follow very basic instructions: After you change your kernel, reinstall all fcam-driver-using-programs (fcam, blessN900, etc).

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:
Posts: 804 | Thanked: 1,598 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gdynia, Poland
Originally Posted by lifenexus View Post
i have this audo issuse. it stuttering issue when playing music. its happens when cpu is at load and it didnt happen with power 46. i have cssu installed but so did i have it with 46 with no issue.
Could you tell us what does the output of
Code:
dpkg -s ogg-support
show? Well, the most important line is
[...]
Version: 1.0.5
[...]
Does it say "1.0.5" or "1.0.7~rc1"? ;> If it does say "1.0.7~rc1" or "1.0.6~rc1", you should run:
Code:
root
apt-get install ogg-support=1.0.5
apt-get autoremove
And keep in mind that it is not kernel-related problem but ogg-support package related problem and has nothing to do with this kernel

The Following User Says Thank You to misiak For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by vi_ View Post
Don't quote me on this bro but I think the stable software is kept in the stable repository called 'extras'. You will also find the appropriate fcam driver there too.
In extras-testing there is "kernel-flasher-maemo" 2.6.28-maemo23

In the maemo.org catalogue there is
"Enhanced Linux kernel for power users" 2.6.28-maemo42
and
"Enhanced Linux kernel for power users (settings)" 0.11

All of these are "not installable" (conflicting application packages)

Am I missing something?

Originally Posted by vi_ View Post
Sorry for going into flamewar related area, but could You please stop bloating this thread with this crap? Personally, i respect (and even like) Your overall contribution to community on this forum, but since d*ckish russian roulette script, you create at least same amount of bloat as people unable to read entire topic for possible solution.

Rationale: extras-devel repository, keeping in mind all warnings about eating dogs taking wifes etc, is still supposed to be used and cross-tested for all kind of problems, then, reporting them.

I know that guys about battery temperature are most irritating, but Fcam drivers were reported SECOND time, and guy just excused in advance, that he was not able to read whole topic. Also, he asked for working combination of code versions, EXCLUDING extras-only (because kernel-power is in devel, so from start this question exclude "stick to extras" variant).

I feel little disgusted by explaining such basic things to intelligent person, especially that You know all of this already... In such a light, your post was totally useless, ignoring what user asked about. Also, it creates another useless post (mine), cause I'm sick of seeing Your ego-creative useless bloat again and again - and it is NOT less irritating that battery temp posts.

Thanks in advance and i hope that no offense taken.

// edit

Originally Posted by col37400
In extras-testing there is "kernel-flasher-maemo" 2.6.28-maemo23

In the maemo.org catalogue there is
"Enhanced Linux kernel for power users" 2.6.28-maemo42
and
"Enhanced Linux kernel for power users (settings)" 0.11

All of these are "not installable" (conflicting application packages)

Am I missing something?
Yes, You're missing that vi_ post wasn't aimed at helping anyone. So bloat count caused by him increased +1 post above what i written here...

Kerlen-power v23 is still in testing just because former developer dropped it without any notice, and other package maintainers doesn't want to give maintainer rights to pali or anyone else. So, It's outdated as hell. Current version of kernel-power that can be considered "Stable" is v46, you can find it in devel.

Also, outside repositories, there is v46wl1 version, that incorporates bleeding-edge wifi drivers - allow to use packet injections, like aircrack-ng thing. The only difference is because injection drivers modules were added, so it's also stable.

Kernel-power from pali is v47 and it got wl1 things also, and its in extras-devel. You're encouraged to try it and report problems, but keep in mind all extras-devel warnings. Also, please search this thread before posting bug report - maybe this bug was already posted.

[Off-topic]
Thank You for Your question, cause because of this my post is not as useless as it was before, thanks to vi_...
[/Off-topic]

// edit 2

Originally Posted by petur
Regarding my GPS/network location issue, possibly related to v47, I have split it to another thread:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...53#post1004853

Any hint/confirmation/... welcome!

EDIT: as one report of v46 + CSSU claims there is no problem, this probably rules out CSSU, meaning v47 has our attention :/
As we can read in topic linked by petur, this problem is already solved, and was unrelated to both CSSU and kernel-power (expired certificate of supl.google.com). Petur forget to edit his post after that, so i add it here - we can filter out gps thing from possible kernel-powerv47 problems.

Last edited by Estel; 2011-05-13 at 01:00.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by misiak View Post
Code:
dpkg -s ogg-support
Does it say "1.0.5" or "1.0.7~rc1"? ;> If it does say "1.0.7~rc1" or "1.0.6~rc1", you should run:
Code:
root
apt-get autoremove
And keep in mind that it is not kernel-related problem but ogg-support package related problem and has nothing to do with this kernel
oh yes it was 1.0.7rc 1. I downgraded with ur instructions. thanks a lot. coming to think of it, the problems occoured when thee was an update available for ogg support and i installed. thanks a lot. ill do some testing now

The Following User Says Thank You to lifenexus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Estel View Post

Yes, You're missing that vi_ post wasn't aimed at helping anyone. So bloat count caused by him increased +1 post above what i written here...

Kerlen-power v23 is still in testing just because former developer dropped it without any notice, and other package maintainers doesn't want to give maintainer rights to pali or anyone else. So, It's outdated as hell. Current version of kernel-power that can be considered "Stable" is v46, you can find it in devel.

Also, outside repositories, there is v46wl1 version, that incorporates bleeding-edge wifi drivers - allow to use packet injections, like aircrack-ng thing. The only difference is because injection drivers modules were added, so it's also stable.

Kernel-power from pali is v47 and it got wl1 things also, and its in extras-devel. You're encouraged to try it and report problems, but keep in mind all extras-devel warnings. Also, please search this thread before posting bug report - maybe this bug was already posted.

[Off-topic]
Thank You for Your question, cause because of this my post is not as useless as it was before, thanks to vi_...
[/Off-topic]
I can't find v46 in extras-devel .... v47 is there, but if I try and install it, I just get an error message, saying it can't install because of conflicting application packages (kernel-modules-maemo and kernel-maemo).

Originally Posted by misiak View Post
Code:
dpkg -s ogg-support
Code:
root
apt-get autoremove
It's actually an issue with gstreamer0.10-av, which was depended on by the new ogg-support.

And it was fixed days ago, so no need to revert.

And all this was already covered in this thread that everybody likes to post in, but nobody can be bothered to read.

Last edited by Benson; 2011-05-13 at 06:06.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Benson For This Useful Post:

Tags
battery-status, bq27x00_battery, kernel, kernel-power, misiak4king, noobs-cant-read, pali4president, patches, readdirections, revolverspinyou