Originally Posted by rinigus View Post
Flatpak 1.6.3 is out, not tested much so far. Those who wish to test can update, others should wait and see if there will be any complaints.
Thanks for the fast update! I installed it yesterday on X and XA2 but found no issues on both devices after the upgrade. I would say that it's safe to install the new flatpak base.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Nekron For This Useful Post:
Posts: 70 | Thanked: 357 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Europe
What do you think of the comment on the Sailfish blog:

"at we do not see FlatPak as the selected Sailfish OS application bundling framework, mainly due to its high resource usage."

https://blog.jolla.com/sailfish-os-r...now-available/

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pim For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,414 | Thanked: 7,547 times | Joined on Aug 2016 @ Estonia
Originally Posted by Pim View Post
What do you think of the comment on the Sailfish blog:

"at we do not see FlatPak as the selected Sailfish OS application bundling framework, mainly due to its high resource usage."

https://blog.jolla.com/sailfish-os-r...now-available/
Its absolutely correct. I think it is in the context of making Flatpak apps running Silica/Sailfish stack. As developed here, though, it brings functionality that is not available to SFOS, such as latest Qt and interoperability with other mobile Linux distros out there. A bit kind of Android emulation on SFOS, except you work with apps that are developed closer in terms of API (assuming that its Qt/QML) to what we have on SFOS.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Hi guys, sorry for the offtopic. I'm curious in what is involved in having a maliit keyboard pop-up plugin responding to Xwayland (e.g. in https://github.com/elros34/sailfish_ubu_chroot) similar to how it's used in flatpak-runner. And what are your views on adopting Xwayland for the applications that can't be used through the current Flatpak setup (e.g. Firefox)?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to vaskas For This Useful Post:
Re Maliit: Maliit plugin has been adjusted to respond to the info provided by Flatpak Runner (screen orientation and such). For that to work, you have to incorporate Maliit plugin into chroot and adjust Xwindows server to communicate with it.

Maliit plugin has been adjusted as described in my commits at https://github.com/sailfishos-flatpa...ommits/flatpak .

Flatpak Runner code is in https://github.com/sailfishos-flatpa...ree/master/src, mainly dbuscontainerstate.{cpp,hpp} and https://github.com/sailfishos-flatpa...runner.cpp#L67

Re Firefox: I don't know how well Maliit supports Gtk apps. As we don't have them running, never looked into it. So, that will have to be investigated and maybe fixed.

As always with such projects, someone has to do it. To be clear, I am not planning to work on it as I have other projects as a priority. So, you either have to do it yourself or find someone to do it.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
I have recompiled Flatpak using SFOS 3.3.0.x provided libseccomp and json-glib. This build is available through usual Flatpak distribution channel at OBS.

For devices on SFOS 3.2.1.20 (Sony Xperia Tama and maybe some others), until the update is ready, use https://build.merproject.org/project...atpak:3.2.1.20 . The latter project will disappear once we all update to SFOS 3.3.0.16 as it is not needed in future.

I expect that on SFOS 3.3.0.x, install should be clean and there are no conflicts with Jolla's json-glib. I hope it will automatically uninstall json-glib from my repo when you update Flatpak, but haven't tested it.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
I expect that on SFOS 3.3.0.x, install should be clean and there are no conflicts with Jolla's json-glib. I hope it will automatically uninstall json-glib from my repo when you update Flatpak, but haven't tested it.
This looks good

Code:
The following packages have to be installed:
 flatpak-1.6.3.0-1.23.4.jolla.armv7hl   Application deployment framework for desktop apps
 flatpak-runner-0.8.5-1.35.2.jolla.armv7hl      Flatpak runner
 flatpak-session-helper-1.6.3.0-1.23.4.jolla.armv7hl    User D-Bus service used by flatpak and others
 libappstream-glib-0.7.15.1-1.14.1.jolla.armv7hl        Library for AppStream metadata
 ostree-libs-2019.6-1.14.2.jolla.armv7hl        Development headers for ostree
 xdg-dbus-proxy-0.1.2-1.5.2.jolla.armv7hl       Filtering proxy for D-Bus connections
 xdg-desktop-portal-1.4.2-1.10.8.jolla.armv7hl  Portal frontend service to flatpak
Proceed with changes? [N/y] y

Updating packages
Downloading packages
Installing packages
Finished
 [nemo@Sailfish ~]$ devel-su pkcon search libjson-glib
Password:
Searching by details
Querying
Finished
 Installed      libjson-glib-1.4.4-1.2.1.jolla.armv7hl (installed)              Library for JavaScript Object Notation format
[nemo@Sailfish ~]$

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Nekron For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Nekron View Post
This looks good

Code:
 flatpak-1.6.3.0-1.23.4.jolla.armv7hl   Application deployment framework for desktop apps
 flatpak-runner-0.8.5-1.35.2.jolla.armv7hl      Flatpak runner
 flatpak-session-helper-1.6.3.0-1.23.4.jolla.armv7hl    User D-Bus service used by flatpak and others
 libappstream-glib-0.7.15.1-1.14.1.jolla.armv7hl        Library for AppStream metadata
 ostree-libs-2019.6-1.14.2.jolla.armv7hl        Development headers for ostree
 xdg-dbus-proxy-0.1.2-1.5.2.jolla.armv7hl       Filtering proxy for D-Bus connections
 xdg-desktop-portal-1.4.2-1.10.8.jolla.armv7hl  Portal frontend service to flatpak

Updating packages
Downloading packages
Installing packages
Finished
 [nemo@Sailfish ~]$ devel-su pkcon search libjson-glib
Password:
Searching by details
Querying
Finished
 Installed      libjson-glib-1.4.4-1.2.1.jolla.armv7hl (installed)              Library for JavaScript Object Notation format
[nemo@Sailfish ~]$
Sorry! I just double checked it and there seems to be a difference even if pkcon reports installation of the Jolla-based json-glib package.

Code:
[nemo@Sailfish ~]$ ls -l /usr/lib/libjson-glib-1.0.so.0.400.4
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        108032 Jan  5 09:37 /usr/lib/libjson-glib-1.0.so.0.400.4
[nemo@Sailfish ~]$ devel-su pkcon install libjson-glib
Password:
Resolving
Testing changes
Finished                                                                 [                                    ] (0%)
 libjson-glib-1.4.4-1.2.1.jolla.armv7hl Library for JavaScript Object Notation format

Installing
Waiting for authentication
Querying
Installing packages
Downloading packages
Installing packages
Finished
[nemo@Sailfish ~]$ ls -l /usr/lib/libjson-glib-1.0.so.0.400.4
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        107988 Mar 27 08:25 /usr/lib/libjson-glib-1.0.so.0.400.4
[nemo@Sailfish ~]$
See the difference in filedate + size after re-installation of the Jolla-based package.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Nekron For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Went as expected on 3.3.0.16 Proš.

Code:
Checking for file conflicts: ..............................................................[error]
Detected 1 file conflict:

File /usr/lib/libjson-glib-1.0.so.0.400.4
  from install of
     libjson-glib-1.4.4-1.2.1.jolla.armv7hl (jolla)
  conflicts with file from package
     json-glib-1.4.4-1.8.2.jolla.armv7hl (@System)

File conflicts happen when two packages attempt to install files with the same name but different contents. If you continue, conflicting files will be replaced losing the previous content.
Continue? [yes/no] (no): yes

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Apr 2020 @ Czechia
For devices on SFOS 3.2.1.20 (Sony Xperia Tama and maybe
3.2.1.20:

Fatal error: nothing provides libgdk_pixbuf-2.0.so.0 needed by flatpak-1.6.3.0-1.4.1.jolla.armv7hl

Seems there is no libgdk_pixbuf-2.0 or similar package

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to magic cucumber For This Useful Post:

Tags
flatpak