Posts: 35 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Holland
Ok I had the following problem with the camera slider on my 2 day old N900. The black piece of plastic on the slider came a bit loose so the spring popped loose and the slider didn't lock good (the nice sound that it makes)

So i carefully pulled the black piece of and redid the spring and pushed it back on and everything works fine again. I e-mailed Nokia to get a replacement back cover ore something because i can see the black part starting to come loose again.

My question is: am I the only with this problem ore are there more people with the same problem that the black piece of the slider is coming loose?

I included a photo but it's hard to see.
Attached Images

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eltinio For This Useful Post:
had that too, they replaced it quick and free under warranty.

Originally Posted by pir View Post
had that too, they replaced it quick and free under warranty.
What do you mean by "replaced"?

It actually doesn't seem like Nokia has that huge stock of devices to exchange one just "like that"

Checked mine, seems to be fine.

Posts: 75 | Thanked: 55 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Finland
No problems here either!
*knocks wood*

So I wasn't able to go to the nokia shop but I found somebody who wanted to do it for me with the following result:

A brand spanking new back cover for my N900. The guy at nokia said that it was communicated out of nokia that it was a known issue.

The funny thing was that the guy at the nokia store had to start the phone to reset the settings for the new back cover. But all the settings are still like it set them up. It was the first n900 they got back so I guess they hadn't had enough of n900 playtime.

I had this problem too. I took the black cover off. its just glued there with fairly weak glue. re-placed the spring and pushed it together again. I can see it happening again in the future.

Originally Posted by brog View Post
What do you mean by "replaced"?

It actually doesn't seem like Nokia has that huge stock of devices to exchange one just "like that"
they replace the back-cover not the whole device...

Funny to see this thread come to top again when my slider camera loose again. I could glue it back my self but it's an expensive device and i don't wanna glue on it.

Posts: 356 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Finland
I seem to have the same kind of a faulty slider