Active Topics

Posts: 117 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Hardenberg
Originally Posted by Beatty View Post
Just check - it's JoikuSpot_Bouncer (note capital S)
I did that and it seemed to work in x term (no messages).
Only a few bits but no show.

Originally Posted by ggroen View Post
I did that and it seemed to work in x term (no messages).
Only a few bits but no show.
Worked perfectly for me on my wife's ipad2;
Using n900power kernel running ideal settings.

Note: charging(the N900), obstacles,range(>5mtr w/o walls) and transmission ANGLE!!! All seem to have a severe affect on usability(disappointing).
However, still better tethering the iPad to either her iPhone or my joikuspot than paying apple for the 3G and yet another subscription based service.

Nb: multitasking while running joikuspot on n900 and surfing iPad ran the N900 up to 850mhz and from 38degC(when I moved it from my lap to the couch) to 45degC within 5 minutes.
Cooled it down to 33 using an ice-pak(gel). And stopped multitasking and it's now still there.. But not using the iPad to surf because I'm typing this!!!

Overall, happy with having a functional hotspot when the wife is out!

have you guys tried mobile hot spot ?

that works much better for me once you get it working - connection is much more stable.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by HugoSon View Post
...well - it does not run for me.
My config - iPad Wifi and I try to connect via N900 (PR1.2, titvan v37 kernel running ideal). I'm able to establish a connection via WiFi - but actually that's it. I'm not able to surf, start App Store or anything else - yes I see a couple of kb going in and out on JoikuSpot (1.2 Premium) - but that's it.
Any hints?
ipad 2 cases
Edit: ok - "modprobe JoikuSpot_Bouncer" did help - great.
I don't use iPad WiFi but I use Vodafone and I am satisfied with its WiFi function.