Notices

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by somedude View Post
if someone has 600 to get the device but not 60 for the software they need or want, they certainly do not deserve the device.
[ot]
Rather "interesting" logic you got there. Think about it!
[/ot]

Originally Posted by jorjino View Post
@therock,

My idea is Nokia to pay to Sygic and give us GPS Sygic software for free.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Patroclo For This Useful Post:
hi arnie , i know zetec is a engine however ford named one of their focus models after the engine it is called a focus zetec and is actually a higer model then the focus lx

this is why i used this as an example that persuming things isnt a good idear

the n900 even though a higher model then the 5800 doesnt come with sat nav and it shouldnt be persumed it does

the focus zetec is a higher model then the focus lx but yet doesnt allways come with a heated front screen like the focus lx does so you shouldnt persume that the focus allways comes witha heated screen

get the jist of my theory :-)

before you rubbish it maybe you should see that their is a focus called a zetc and it comes witha bigger engine , better suspension and a few other tweak

in uk there are

focus lx , focus zetc , focus black , focus st170 , focus rs , just to name a few

sorry for going off topic in this post but the car theory was being used to demonstrate that people shouldnt persume that the n900 has certain features

Originally Posted by arnie1971 View Post
Zetec is not a higher model, zetec actually relates to the engine in fords.

I plan on buying sygic when I've read a few other people's reviews. My issue was that Nokia implied that navigation software would be included, as did a lot of other people.

Last edited by buxz777; 2010-03-19 at 17:37.

Posts: 35 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Madrid, Spain
Originally Posted by somedude View Post
if someone has 600 to get the device but not 60 for the software they need or want, they certainly do not deserve the device.
mmmmm....that didnt work little einstein

Posts: 16 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bourne , Lincs
Originally Posted by buxz777 View Post
hi arnie , i know zetec is a engine however ford named one of their focus models after the engine it is called a focus zetec and is actually a higer model then the focus lx

this is why i used this as an example that persuming things isnt a good idear

the n900 even though a higher model then the 5800 doesnt come with sat nav and it shouldnt be persumed it does

the focus zetec is a higher model then the focus lx but yet doesnt allways come with a heated front screen like the focus lx does so you shouldnt persume that the focus allways comes witha heated screen

get the jist of my theory :-)

before you rubbish it maybe you should see that their is a focus called a zetc and it comes witha bigger engine , better suspension and a few other tweak

in uk there are

focus lx , focus zetc , focus black , focus st170 , focus rs , just to name a few

sorry for going off topic in this post but the car theory was being used to demonstrate that people shouldnt persume that the n900 has certain features
You maybe right. But Ford don't list heated windscreen as a standard part of the car. Nokia state ovi maps on N900.

Posts: 992 | Thanked: 995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ California
From a leaked PR1.2 User Guide:

Page 100
Plan routes
You can create walking or driving routes, view them on the
map, and get turn-by-turn directions

It looks like PR1.2 will have Sygic maps finally...

Does it not have ovi maps?

I see Ovi Maps on there. Granted the application is called Maps. Whether the navigation supports turn by turn voice guidance or rerouting is an entirely different issue.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Originally Posted by egoshin View Post
From a leaked PR1.2 User Guide:

Page 100
Plan routes
You can create walking or driving routes, view them on the
map, and get turn-by-turn directions

It looks like PR1.2 will have Sygic maps finally...
you mean "Nokia maps" not sygic maps

Posts: 156 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Scotland
Originally Posted by arnie1971 View Post
You maybe right. But Ford don't list heated windscreen as a standard part of the car. Nokia state ovi maps on N900.
and ovi maps is on my phone as standard.

not the Ovi maps that was announced and released AFTER i bought my N900 but it is ovi maps

Posts: 1,169 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ sunderland
cant believe how many people in this forum are STILL being rude to other members!
i mean the threads first post is understandable cos n900 maps is a joke compared to the symbian version, personally i dont need to use anything like that, but the first post had lots of humour and CLEARLY gave me the impression that nokia buy sygics licence and code and probs rebundle it as nokia maps cos nokia doenst seem to be up to the job of doing it themselves (for those that need it)
and obviously sygic got up and did something about it so they should be paid

as for all the rude comments (by the usual people that shoot others down at every opportunity) WAKE UP, YOUR NOT THE CENTRE OF THE UNIVERSE!!!
and stop talking down to other people (unless you can do it in a nice way with a little humour!)

(got the feeling im gonna get it now!)

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to leetut For This Useful Post: