Hi,

I'm looking at getting the linux version of Dungeon Master and Chaos Strikes Back to run on 770.

It wants these libraries: libsdl-dev libglib1.2-dev libgtk1.2-dev libdb3-dev and hermes1-dev

I built hermes1-dev from the source, seemed to build ok. Can't say if it works.

I can override this and with a little bit of munging in "configure" I can get an exe built, against hermes1-dev and the versions of the libraries that are in Maemo - libgtk2.0 and libdb4 particularly are significantly different.

I installed the resulting thing on my 770 and I can get the error screen up, all windowy, if I start it with incorrect parameters, but if I start with correct parameters the thing bombs noting an SDL parachute thing.

I downloaded the gtk1.2 source, 50MB about, but it wouldn't build for me straight off because it expects a higher version of kernel that is in maemo - but that could be because I downloaded x11 from "unstable".

Does anybody know if I should be able to build gtk1.2 for the 770? Is that a sensible thing to even consider? - before I go ahead and spend hours messing around, ultimately to fail.

Thanks very much

Martin

Posts: 78 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ Devon, UK
You really ned to ask this question on the maemo developers mail list. www.maemo.org to join.

My guess would be it's not worthwhile. Gtk2 is supported on maemo, and widget have been modified to do the right things on the device. But ask on the list and see what folks there say, or someone might even have stuff you can use.

Posts: 41 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ Brasil
Perhaps it would be easier to twitch it to work with GTK2 instead?