Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 609 | Thanked: 232 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ the end of my rope
Anyone know how I can adjust Media Player's look-back/-forward interval? It's default setting seems to be something like 2 min 58 secs. I'd like to change it to 15 seconds or so. Surely this is something I can do with that, oh, waddyacallit?, x-term thingy???

Come on. Someone must know how to do this???

Posts: 566 | Thanked: 145 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Tallahassee, FL
or, something that's already done?

If you click the up/down d-pad buttons while a video is playing, it will seek forward/back ~ 1 min.
If you click the right/left d-pad buttons while a video is playing, it will seek forward/back ~ 10 sec.
If you click the center d-pad button, it will toggle pause on/off.

If you click the "menu" button (the center of the three buttons below the d-pad) it will bring up the on-screen menu. the d-pad up/down/left/right buttons will allow navigation through the menus.

NB: this is what works for me, on my n800/Diablo, with mplayer installed from the diablo repositories.

anyway, if you want to change how mplayer (or, for that matter, mencoder) work by default on your system, you can edit/create the .mplayer/config file. if you google for "mplayer config" I'm sure you'll find dozens of posts (as well as a link to the mplayer documentation online) detailing what all of the config options are...

Last edited by briand; 2008-07-31 at 23:06.

Im not sure he means mplayer..think he might mean the built in Media Player... that doesn't use mplayer does it???
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

Posts: 566 | Thanked: 145 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Tallahassee, FL
you have a good point.

insert this section of text before the previous:

------8<-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"stop using the provided Media Player, and install mplayer (it's in the repositories) - it's a much better rendering engine"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

there. all fixed.

I do mean built-in Media Player. And I do use mplayer........for video. My interest here is audio.

If someone can tell me how to look back/forward 10-15 seconds easily in, say, Canola, I'd be happy with that, too.

If you change Canola's backend for audio to use mplayer instead of the default media player in Canola it might work.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...