Posts: 60 | Thanked: 179 times | Joined on Jan 2018 @ Netherlands
aQUICK1 on December 31, 2018 at 7:36 pm
Can someone confirm the full version is in the Jolla shop available to buy ?
Any discount code needed for the promised discount?
Eager to buy but maybe its a fake and not full version as they said next year jan ,mmmm confusing Jolla !

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aQUICK1 For This Useful Post:
Full version is a very bad term since it is just a few propriety packages that you install from store on top of, currently 3.0.0.8, when paying. But if you mean the proprietary stuff they all get available and install without problem except for the android-support (failing to install) after paying. SailfishOS are waiting for 3.0.1 upgrade for getting closer to full v3 feature set.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ljo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 60 | Thanked: 179 times | Joined on Jan 2018 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by ljo View Post
Full version is a very bad term since it is just a few propriety packages that you install from store on top of, currently 3.0.0.8, when paying. But if you mean the proprietary stuff they all get available and install without problem except for the android-support (failing to install) after paying. SailfishOS are waiting for 3.0.1 upgrade for getting closer to full v3 feature set.
Its just my term if it is one, or I can say complete package or commercial version, most use same words for bad term, but I understand ur thoughts , greetz and a happy 2019 ahead !

The Following User Says Thank You to aQUICK1 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 889 | Thanked: 2,087 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Manchester
Thanks for the heads up that this is in the store for purchase now.

I can confirm you can still get and use a voucher from the Tablet refund link from March 2016.

For those needing to search their email, the heading is "Jolla Tablet refund survey access link"

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mrsellout For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
yep, purchased.
Thanks for the share aQuick! But please change the titel to "Full Sailfish OS on Sony Xperia XA2 variants" or alike.

Firing up my XA2 and will first look if something changed in the store.

EDIT, Well, there is Android Support now in the Sailfish Jolla Store after the purchase in shop.jolla.com. Downloading and installing right now.
EDIT2, It faild to install and now idles in "waiting" on second install try. I am giving up for this year.

Flashing, not today probably.
A happy new year to all of you!

EDIT3: Now did a reflash with the image linked after purchased. It is the same 3.0.0.8 image as before. Exchange and Predictive Input install just fine, don't know if it did before the purchase frankly. But dalvik fails. Hold your horses until official announcement if you expect the full package. I did not mind throwing 49,90 at Jolla early just to try and test the glitch. You might not and be disappointed.

Last edited by mosen; 2019-01-01 at 14:25.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
According to people on TJC, you don't need to reflash to see the proprietory stuff in the Jolla Store.

As for the Android Support, again according to someone on TJC, it says it's only available to CBeta users right now.

However, I wonder if it's locked to a newer release. The current release is 3.0.0.8, whist the latest available (via CLI [1]) is 3.0.0.11. Perhaps this might work?

[1] https://jolla.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/a...s/360005795474

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mrsellout For This Useful Post:
Strange, but I am not able to purchase XA2 image. Still the greyed-out coming soon button?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Caluna For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mrsellout View Post
However, I wonder if it's locked to a newer release. The current release is 3.0.0.8, whist the latest available (via CLI [1]) is 3.0.0.11. Perhaps this might work?
Couldn't even install 3.0.0.11 upon XA2 via Terminal failing at this point, although in About upon device said running 3.0.0.11:
HTML Code:
[69 %] [Download] lipstick-jolla-home-qt5 1.0.31-1.18.5.jolla: [36 %]ssh_dispatch_run_fatal: Connection to ***.***.1.*** port 22: message authentication code incorrect
Ended up re-flashing bought XA2 image which automatically installed Predictive Text & MS Exchange with expected Store failure to deliver Android Support.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to aspergerguy For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Originally Posted by Caluna View Post
Strange, but I am not able to purchase XA2 image. Still the greyed-out coming soon button?
Yep, sailfishmods.de also reported it closed again. Was only possible for some hours.

Also with 3.0.011, dalvik install fails with "store problem". XA2 dalvik is limited to cbeta group by other means then, probably user account specific.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
A Jolla dude said it was erroneously released:
https://together.jolla.com/question/...post-id-196648

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mrsellout For This Useful Post: