Notices

Posts: 113 | Thanked: 303 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Germany
Hello,

as I've just uploaded a big update for SMPC - MPD Client I would like to open this thread for support and maybe feature requests if there are any left .

The features are:

The 1.1.0 version features a local database for metadata.
You can bulkdownload all your cover/artists pictures and have a nice media view in this application.

Swipe left in album/artist view for album/artist information

Features:
- album view
- artist view
- local metadata database
- filebrowser
- search
- basic playlist control
- multiple server profiles
- output control
- automatic reconnect to last connected server

So here is a link to openrepos:

https://openrepos.net/content/djselbeck/smpc

Source code of course:

https://github.com/djselbeck/smpc

and some screenshots:

PS: Updated version just commited to harbour.

Last edited by djselbeck; 2014-01-19 at 16:31.

The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to djselbeck For This Useful Post:
is it possible to send music via bluetooth?

Nope it is just an MPD CLient. so basically it just controls what the server (usually on a PC) plays.

Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 1,127 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Amsterdam
Originally Posted by djselbeck View Post
Nope it is just an MPD CLient. so basically it just controls what the server (usually on a PC) plays.
Thanks! Looking good.

Any chance on playback being incorporated? As much as I love mpd and basically use it almost exclusively I do dislike having two screens open for control and playback. Also, afaik Sailfish has no internet radio player yet, so there is even more reason...

Again, thanks.

Just to be clear we are on the samepage , what you need is playback of an streaming output from your MPD server?

I'll have a look into this in the future but not right now, I need a small pause from developing smpc the local db took quite some time.

The Following User Says Thank You to djselbeck For This Useful Post:
Just to be clear we are on the samepage , what you need is playback of an streaming output from your MPD server?
Well... Need. That's a gross overstatement, I guess. But I would admit it saves a lot of trouble if the client to control the MPD would be the same as the one that fetches the stream. Actually, it would kinda rock. Album art as the love child of a marriage between ncmpcpp, mpc and Qt.

I'll have a look into this in the future but not right now, I need a small pause from developing smpc the local db took quite some time.
And thanks for that.

Now we're on the topic of local db's anyway, is it correct searches (agin, thanks for those!) are not stored somewhere? It would make returning to previous search results a lot faster.

An oddity I noticed is the album art. I see some gibberish whilst in full screen, so I figured I did not have the artwork available (even though it was there when I selected the song), and then I go to multitask view, and the artwork appears as an overlay for the smpc instance. Don't know what's up with that.

An lastly (forgive me): I have a rather large collection on my server. You think it's possible to add an alphabetic fastscroll as used within Harmattan here and there? Scrolling right now is a bit cumbersome with almost a thousand artists and bands.

About fast scrolling. It is already there. Try scrolling on the right side of the display. the fast scroll area is rather small to not colide with album/artist grid view elements.

About the artwork issue I'll have a look.

Searches are not stored locally. I don't think this is possible because I can't check if search results would have changed without getting the actual result from server, I think. I could try to optimize the result fetching a bit, maybe.

The Following User Says Thank You to djselbeck For This Useful Post:
About fast scrolling. It is already there. Try scrolling on the right side of the display. the fast scroll area is rather small to not colide with album/artist grid view elements.
Ah. That probably explains it: I run it on my N9. And while it scrolls, it just does so at a normal speed. No visual indicator either. Probably the rounded side of the screen that's playing up.

About the artwork issue I'll have a look.
I could be something else as well. I've seen graphical glitches in the Gallery view as well but less consistent.

Searches are not stored locally. I don't think this is possible because I can't check if search results would have changed without getting the actual result from server, I think. I could try to optimize the result fetching a bit, maybe.
Time-stamps could solve that problem and allow you to store the results locally, even in a flat file if you like. Make the search done on a MPD server identifiable by timestamp and compare it to the time of the latest db update.

The fetching itself seems pretty quick. But I have only tried it locally, so far.

Originally Posted by anthonie View Post
Ah. That probably explains it: I run it on my N9. And while it scrolls, it just does so at a normal speed. No visual indicator either. Probably the rounded side of the screen that's playing up.

I could be something else as well. I've seen graphical glitches in the Gallery view as well but less consistent.

Time-stamps could solve that problem and allow you to store the results locally, even in a flat file if you like. Make the search done on a MPD server identifiable by timestamp and compare it to the time of the latest db update.

The fetching itself seems pretty quick. But I have only tried it locally, so far.
If section/fast scrolling does not work you can try editing:

/usr/share/harbour-smpc/qml/components/SectionScroller.qml

and replace

Code:
Item {
    id: scroller
    height: parent.height
    width: parent.width/7
with
Code:
Item {
    id: scroller