Originally Posted by olf View Post
Oh, this seems to be a pretty misunderstanding:
  • Sure, "Oy", "Ltd.", "GmbH" etc. are similar legal forms in different jurisdictions.
  • "Jolla Oy" (in Tampere, Finland) and "Jolla Ltd." (Hong Kong) are different legal entities (as you also pointed out, already), but their exact relationship is unclear.

But unfortunately there seems to be no fresh information on the proportions of shares held in "Jolla Oy (FI)" and / or "Jolla Ltd. (HK)" beyond what has been discussed on TJC (see also bullet list in comment to next answer there).

I originally assumed, that your post #115 was not solely about the different names for similar legal forms in different jurisdictions.

First hand info can be found here (warning : in finnish)
Päättäjätiedot is the list of board members / decision makers.

https://www.finder.fi/Matkapuhelimia...tiedot/2640873

if you want more detailed info (and have 5 € to spare) you could download the reports from the finnish chamber of commerce.

BTW on the same website there's no Jolla LTD to be found; i believe then this confirms Oy===LTD (For Finland at least, do not know about HK)

LINKer - transform your N9's home view in a Desktop, give it the freedom it deserves! -> LINKer for Harmattan

QuickBar - Can't find the app you used yesterday in your overcrowded Home Screen? Want access to the QuickLaunch bar even in the home screen? QuickBar for Harmattan

If you like our work, and would like to support via PayPal : users.giulietta@gmail.com

Last edited by tortoisedoc; 2018-04-25 at 07:28.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tortoisedoc For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
The "leave Jolla alone, they are saints, our saviours, who can do nothing wrong" camp has diminished to practically zero.
At least one of those has gone off to work for Jolla in the PR department... In fact, I'd take a guess and say there are probably more of the past Jollapologists working for Jolla now than there are Jolla employees who've stuck with them through the years. I think the major turning point came around the time they lost the godhead Marc Dillon. Now all the big boys are just some extremely dull business people who don't care about any of the ideas behind Sailfish or Jolla (or being 'unlike'), they just want to make money.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nthn For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by nthn View Post
At least one of those has gone off to work for Jolla in the PR department... In fact, I'd take a guess and say there are probably more of the past Jollapologists working for Jolla now than there are Jolla employees who've stuck with them through the years. I think the major turning point came around the time they lost the godhead Marc Dillon. Now all the big boys are just some extremely dull business people who don't care about any of the ideas behind Sailfish or Jolla (or being 'unlike'), they just want to make money.
I beg your pardon, make money? From what? jolla has been on a steady minus since its inception

LINKer - transform your N9's home view in a Desktop, give it the freedom it deserves! -> LINKer for Harmattan

QuickBar - Can't find the app you used yesterday in your overcrowded Home Screen? Want access to the QuickLaunch bar even in the home screen? QuickBar for Harmattan

If you like our work, and would like to support via PayPal : users.giulietta@gmail.com

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tortoisedoc For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
In all fairness, he did not say they make money. Only that they want to.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by tortoisedoc View Post
Actually, less is more
Less tablets are more tablets. Doesn’t make sense to me.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Originally Posted by tortoisedoc View Post
I beg your pardon, make money? From what? jolla has been on a steady minus since its inception
I indeed only meant to say that the new people in charge are no longer the charismatic types who come to community meetings and genuinely (seem to) care, instead they're typical talking heads only interested in making money, no matter how. Hard to cheer for big business (or at least harder, anyway).

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nthn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 70 | Thanked: 357 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Europe
Hard to cheer for big business (or at least harder, anyway).
Today, they're the only non-IOS/non-Android OS that's still around, and still far from being big business. They need to make money to survive, and apparently they're moving in the right direction, but they're not there yet. They barely survived their near-death experience.

Yes, Mark Dillon had charisma, but the current management team at least has stamina and perseverance.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Pim For This Useful Post:
I indeed only meant to say that the new people in charge are no longer the charismatic types who come to community meetings and genuinely (seem to) care
Oh, another steve jobs cult follower?
Why can't we just have a hundred boring engineers who do their job?
What's with that American charismatic-leader urge?
Nokia became Nokia without a charismatic leader, and hundreds of other companies, did too.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to lantern For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by lantern View Post
Oh, another steve jobs cult follower?
Why can't we just have a hundred boring engineers who do their job?
What's with that American charismatic-leader urge?
Nokia became Nokia without a charismatic leader, and hundreds of other companies, did too.
You're wrongly reading a lot of things into a simple statement, and it seems you've completely missed what the preceeding 10 posts were about. There's no longer a godhead, so there's no longer anyone to look up to to, no longer anyone to cause blind faith. This says nothing whatsoever about Jolla's qualities, and is a negative value statement about charismatic leaders and their followers.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nthn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
You are absolutely right! I totally overlooked Mark's departure and did not make the obvious connection between that and the virtual disappearance of Jolla apologists. I never gave a hoot about Mark (if anything, I considered him a distracting element) and I forgot that religious followers need a Messiah. I simply assumed that most dreamers simply sobered up. But I think you are closer to the mark, pun intended.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post: