Hello guys. I have been excited with this product now, and am eager to install any and all new software I find, primarily for testing the installation process, functionality, ease of use, etc... However, I am not the most fluent person in Linux apps as far as compiling source (if that is the only available info).

I have already attempted to install a couple apps using the deb extension. The most common problem I run into is not having all the dependencies. It errors out and tells me there are missing dependencies, and will even list them. Now, I know I could probably find the rest of them, but how difficult would it be to list all dependencies needed with links where to find them if you do not provide them? Even the MANaOS browser app had it nicely laid out, with all dependencies, UI files, engine file etc, but even the dependencies needed dependencies.

The installations themselves are pretty straight forward, the tablet has a Aplication Installer app, which will install any deb file (as far as I know, only deb files). If anyone else can suggest some pointers to me as to where I may read up more about locating dependencies, me and my other associates would be greatly appreciative.

For a follow up...

Maybe I should post this for more clarity. I have the device now, but am no developer. I have spent hours trying to figure out how to install these apps I am finding. The majority have multiple file for me to download and try installing, however errors out due to other missing dependancies and many other reason. My question to you devs out there, am I not suppose to be doing this from the end user side? When developement of the app is done, is there a single file package that would allow me to simply transfer the deb file to MMC and install from it where everything is included???

I am very eager to try out these different apps, but am getting frustrated at my own lack of knowledge and not being able to do this. I am a smart person, but have no experience with Linux base machines. Any help is appreciated.