Posts: 498 | Thanked: 836 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Koiruus View Post
No, the amount is fixed. QWERTZ has more functions combined to same buttons to make space for extra letters. But the extra letters (ö, ä, ü) have the same positions as in scandic qwerty layout on computers, so it feels more right.
So, the consensus is then that QWERTZ is better for scandinavian (Finnish) speakers? Right? I tried to find a good picture from Fxtec website of both of them, but failed to do so.

Can't we just simply change characters on the keyboard to do Ä and Ö if using QWERTY? When I was living in the states I did it with my work computer and I think it worked well. Was it the ;: character maybe?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Boxeri For This Useful Post:
Posts: 943 | Thanked: 3,228 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Zagreb
Originally Posted by theonelaw View Post
Confirming that,
Two of us exist.

Best regards to those who do worry about warranty issues.

...but living on the 'bleeding edge' is a rush of its own.
this...... warranty means shite today. We all know that everything will break as soon as that legal period is over anyway. So if it works OTB and across next few days than that's it.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to kinggo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 256 | Thanked: 939 times | Joined on Jun 2014 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Boxeri View Post
So, the consensus is then that QWERTZ is better for scandinavian (Finnish) speakers? Right? I tried to find a good picture from Fxtec website of both of them, but failed to do so.
Here's links to pictures, dunno if either of them is the final design or not...
QWERTY
QWERTZ
Well, personally I have been thinking that I'd like that QWERTZ more than QWERTY. That's because scandic letters are in their native positions (only needs to swap å instead of ü). I think it would be possible to remap the keys in QWERTY also, but natively has some commas etc in those positions, which you possibly need to remap to somewhere else...

Can't we just simply change characters on the keyboard to do Ä and Ö if using QWERTY? When I was living in the states I did it with my work computer and I think it worked well. Was it the ;: character maybe?
I guess so. Although there is not enough space for ä,ö,å in Pro1's QWERTY layout. So you need to figure it out somehow. But shouldn't be a problem, particularly if you have done it before... I thought that it would be lesser evil to have q and z swapped.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Koiruus For This Useful Post:
I am also scandinavian and ordered QWERTZ layout. I think that it is easier to remap Ü->Å and Y<->Z than try to add ÅÄÖ to QWERTY. However, I have previously used Droid 4 (Lineage OS 14.1) with QWERTY keyboard and FinQWERTY app. It does the remapping nicely. I think that it should be possible with Pro1 also atleast in Android.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to FlyingAntero For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Originally Posted by British View Post
Now is a good opportunity to use the term [/i]emotional rollercoaster...
That.
Usually i block calls from my VISA institute since i know they call ~2x month and try to extend the service since i am a cheepo contractor with 100% pay at the end of each month. Important stuff comes via email anyway. Luckily they called from different number 10 minutes after the transaction and i was like "One moment, that timing has to mean something" *heartbeat intensifies*

Leaves to wonder, are all credit card transactions "better" protected nowadays and only we now know since we share experiences? When did that happen. I remember clearly when a ferry company withdrew 11k€ instead of 1,1k€ without notice, leaving me stranded for some days some years back...

To Scandic layout topic,
My colleague uses stickers on his QWERTY lenovo to have it qwertz. May that be a cheap option to print semi-transparent stickers? Probably not due to small keys?

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
@British The best way to contact regarding payment related is to info@fxtec.com

I'm mostly working on the manufacturing side and contact via info will be quicker. If you are on Telegram I can also send you the relevant contact. Many thanks

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by chenliangchen View Post

I'm mostly working on the manufacturing side and contact via info will be quicker. If you are on Telegram I can also send you the relevant contact. Many thanks
Can you tell me what SIM card I would need to run this phone on Sprint? Want to make sure I'm all ready to go when the phone comes in

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gtmaster303 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 103 | Thanked: 493 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ France
Originally Posted by chenliangchen View Post
No need, my point was merely that there may be something to be done on your side to iron out all those security blockades people (well, their banks, to be precise) are encountering

My case was ultimately solved, but it will probably happen to other people, and that might induce a bit of stress and incomprehension (administrative woes with the bank notwithstanding)

TL;DR: payment can go through from the get-go, or can fail and require the bank checking on stuff, but should probably be less painful.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to British For This Useful Post:
Posts: 649 | Thanked: 762 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Ohio
Originally Posted by gtmaster303 View Post
Can you tell me what SIM card I would need to run this phone on Sprint? Want to make sure I'm all ready to go when the phone comes in
Sprint (until the T-Mobile merger is complete) is a CDMA carrier. Which means they only use SIM cards for their LTE service (so only VoLTE phone calls would work), and they have to manually allow all phones to use their service. It has been a long time since I was on Sprint, so things could have changed, but I'm not sure that the Pro 1 will work on Sprint...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to imaginaryenemy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 256 | Thanked: 939 times | Joined on Jun 2014 @ Finland
Hah, today I got a call from a Finnish network operator. The guy wanted to sell me data plan. And he actually managed to sell me that data plan. At this point the guy must have realized that he should try to sell me everything else he could, so he started with phone networks, then e-books, Netflix kinda app and so on. I was getting frustrated to whole conversation, and now he asks if I need a new phone:
"So, what phone are you using at the moment?"
"Nokia N900"
"Huh, that's pretty old. Have you thought about buying newer phone?"
"Actually I have ordered a new phone already."
"Really? May I ask what phone did you buy?"
"It's called Fxtec Pro1"
"Oh. haven't heard of it. What's it like?"
"You should google it and check it out"
"Okay. (googles) Oh, a QWERTY phone! Finally somebody is bringing them back! Oh, and it has Android. And 3,5mm phone jack."
"Yep"
"Now I feel like I just found my next phone. Have to say, that as my job is to sell things to other people, this is first time my client managed to sell anything to me"

The Following 37 Users Say Thank You to Koiruus For This Useful Post:

Tags
a good rabbit, fxtec, hwkbd, keyboard, livermorium, n950 revival, never gives up, qwerty, readyfx, silly rabbit