Active Topics

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
I have now tried this device and its pretty bad if anyone thinking of using IT as main Phone. Its like jollas first phone, pretty much useless becouse of slowness, missing or incomplete features. As i see IT there is basically only two good things With this device. 1. Price, since its equal to spec. 2. That another cool OS finally reaching endusers.

Personally Im looking forward next uPhone...With bigger and better screen. We all have to start somewhere.

Ubuntu facing same issue as jolla. Very bad support for main services...the OS itself is pretty solid. Lets hope sail and ubuntu can grow side by side becouse competition is a good thing for US, the endusers.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
http://store.bq.com/en/smartphones/ubuntu-edition-e-4-5

Flash sales over. Get ot here, today, now...

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Anyone got/getting one?
How's it compare to your Jolla?
(maybe start a sep. thread for that)

The Following User Says Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Is it worth it? I must admit it is quite tempting and the price is just right.

But...

Is it worth it or is it going to be just another disappointment like Jolla?

EDIT: Oops, I've beeten by jalyst

The Following User Says Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
At least the way they are doing updates seems to better than jolla, but jolla phone has been in the wild longer. That most count for something so I think jP is slightly better device, but for how long?.

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
At least the way they are doing updates seems to better than jolla, but jolla phone has been in the wild longer. That most count for something so I think jP is slightly better device, but for how long?.
Being out gives nothing, as we have barely few apps there and now they redesign UI for different UX. In addition, you can't call jolla mature as some bugs have already history and still not fixed. No paid apps/eco system. Ubuntu not my fav company coz of my own believes, but even with that, they have ecosystem on desktop and can slowly port to mobile. Community is bigger and they even got few talented devs from here that I know of, maybe more I don't.

The Following User Says Thank You to ZogG For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ZogG View Post
Being out gives nothing, as we have barely few apps there and now they redesign UI for different UX. In addition, you can't call jolla mature as some bugs have already history and still not fixed. No paid apps/eco system. Ubuntu not my fav company coz of my own believes, but even with that, they have ecosystem on desktop and can slowly port to mobile. Community is bigger and they even got few talented devs from here that I know of, maybe more I don't.
Yeah, but it's not like Ubuntu have all these things for phone either so it's too early to tell.

But what I do like is this...
http://people.canonical.com/~ogra/to...stats/?C=M;O=D

Stable...
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemcza...am/ubuntu-rtm/

Unstable (dev-proposed)
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemcza.../ubuntu/vivid/

Last edited by Dave999; 2015-04-15 at 20:28.

No pressure!

http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2015/06/f...ing-made-by-bq

The clock is ticking...

Bq Ubuntu multi screen edge deluxe ll...must be the name.

Last edited by Dave999; 2015-06-01 at 17:54.

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Be interesting to see how sophisticated it is compared to Win10 for Mobile, I doubt it'll be as far advanced (despite claiming the mantra of "coming up with the idea before MS"), but time will tell.

Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
Be interesting to see how sophisticated it is compared to Win10 for Mobile, I doubt it'll be as far advanced (despite claiming the mantra of "coming up with the idea before MS"), but time will tell.
Will windows 10 enable desktop experience to phones like surface pro? What will win10 bring to the table?