Active Topics

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by vbrilon View Post
I haven't downloaded the file (can't use torrent behind corporate firewall), but what's the source file? can you play it ok? any details would be good.
OK, I'm assuming ITVC uses Quicktime for decoding, then? Installed Perian . . . works fine now. @self

Posts: 183 | Thanked: 77 times | Joined on Jul 2006 @ Mountain View, CA
Awesome solution. Thanks!

Check out the Nokia Internet Tablet Video Converter: http://www.nokia.com/betalabs/videoconverter

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Awesome solution. Thanks!
Yes, not sure if you can recommend it officially, but at least unofficially, Perian is an excellent way to improve Quicktime's codec handling.

The Following User Says Thank You to GeneralAntilles For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by GeneralAntilles View Post
Did you bother to change the quality setting in Preferences?
Of course my friend. To the MAX

Regards,

Taguapire.

Mmmmm.....nothing like getting warm fuzzies from community members

We've created a tool to support end users who want a one step solution for video conversion and who may not be savvy enough to use a tool like tablet-encode (which is a kick-*** tool btw). You may not realize it, but for (mostly) legal reasons we can't just use the same video conversion codecs that most Open Source tools use (such as mencoder -- which is what tablet-encode uses). Within those constraints we try to make the best solution possible. Sometimes we succeed, sometimes, not so much. In either case, that's why this software is delivered as beta, so we can get valuable feedback from our users.

I'm glad to hear your feedback but - for future reference - most people (myself included) tend to block out rants when they offer nothing constructive in the criticism.
You are right vbrilon, sorry for my poor posted rant, I just had a bad day. I know now that ITVC from Nokia is not for people who likes the best quality in his vdeos. Keep your hard and usefull work going.

Regards,

Taguapire.

Thanks, Nokia! (VBrilon specifically!) Having just sold off my Windows laptop, I was in the market for new video conversion utils for my Mac. I just installed ITVC for Mac a little while ago and have just started converting some videos. One thing I noticed during installation is that ITVC didn't run from my external drive. I initially installed there, but it gave me some JS errors about not being able to find a file (sorry, didn't write it down). I trashed the app and reinstalled on the system drive, and everything worked fine (so far anyway). Minor issue, but one you might want to know about. I probably should have written down the error and filed a bug...sorry.

Posts: 183 | Thanked: 77 times | Joined on Jul 2006 @ Mountain View, CA
Originally Posted by Traecer View Post
One thing I noticed during installation is that ITVC didn't run from my external drive. I initially installed there, but it gave me some JS errors about not being able to find a file (sorry, didn't write it down).
Yep, this is known bug (feature?) is that if the app is installed anywhere but in the default place things start to break. If it's an issue for enough people, please file this as an enhancement in Bugzilla.

Thanks for the feedback

Check out the Nokia Internet Tablet Video Converter: http://www.nokia.com/betalabs/videoconverter

Thanks for this program I don't have a need for mac but this is the first I had heard of it. I havn't test out the video quality yet i did a conversion last night. So i'm hoping that it does some good work.

Thanks GeneralAntilles for the link for bleach, i've been watching them on youtube for the whole 8 seasons I'm going to have to get them from that site from now on.

Decently fast. Decent quality. But that whole "copy to" after converting is annoying.

Hmm.. wonder if this version will work with my Camera recorded .avi (most of the time converters crap out due to the way it was recorded). So I have to convert it into another format and back. >.<

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...